how to make fried rice
veg fried rice is a Chinese recipe but you will find it almost everywhere around the globe. Best when served with veg/chicken Manchurian, veg/chicken chilly gray, veg/chicken sweet & sour & the list of gravy goes on & on...whereas there are variations like...schezwan fried rice, triple fried rice.
· 4 cups basmati rice.
· 1 tbsp Ginger & garlic finely chopped finely
· 1 Green chilli finely chopped
· 2 cups Vegetables chopped (carrots, beans, cabbage & green capsicum)
· 2-3 medium Spring onions, finely chopped, reserve the greens for garnishing
· 1 tbsp Soya sauce
· 1 tbsp Tomato sauce
· ¼ tsp White vinegar
· ½ tsp chilli sauce
· ½ tsp Black pepper powder
· Salt to taste
- Soak rice in water for half an hour, cook the rice in boiling water by adding salt into it, drain & keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan ,add ginger & garlic and green chilli. Fry for few seconds or until raw smell leaves.
- Add onions (white portion of spring onions)and saute until it becomes soft.
- Now add chopped vegetables & Cook over high flame for sometime ( Do not over cook)
- Combine together soya sauce,tomato sauce, chilli sauce and vinegar in a small bowl and add it to the pan. Mix everything well.
- Add the cooked rice, salt and pepper powder as per taste. Mix gently until combined.
- Garnish with spring onions (green portion of spring onions).
PREPARATION TIME: 30-40 mins
SERVE: 3- 4 persons