recipe of hot and sour chicken soup
Here is hot & sour chicken soup's recipe straight from my kitchen, once the veggies are chopped, it becomes easier to make this spicy soup in chinese style.Few recipes do not need any time or season to be made, this is one of them.....
- 1/4 cup Chicken, bolied & chopped
- 3 tbsp cornflour/ corn starch
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 -5 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1 inch piece Ginger chopped
- 1/2 (medium) finely chopped carrot
- 1 small cabbage finely chopped
- 1 green capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp White pepper
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp MSG
- 2 -3 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp green chilli sauce
- Chicken stock 4-5 cups
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1 chopped Spring onions with greens
- Blend corn flour in a half cup of water.
- Heat oil in a saucepan , add garlic, ginger, roast for a while.
- Add onions and fry for a minute, now add chopped carrots, cabbage and capsicum.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes, stir continuously.
- Add chicken & fry for a minute.
- Add white pepper, salt, , MSG, soya sauce, chilli sauce , vinegar & mix well.
- On the other hand ,In a large non stick pan combine chicken stock & blended cornflour bring to a boil by stirring continuously.
- When the boil comes,blend the egg in a small bowl separately add it slowly , little by little to the soup, stirring continuously. Cook for a minute & add the stir fried vegetables .
- Garnish with spring onions (greens) and serve hot .
If you want to add some extra vegetables, you can add such as french beans, celery, mushrooms to give that extra flavour to your soup. you can try this recipe without using MSG as well.
Add more of soya sauce , chilly sauce and other sauce if needed.
PREPARATION TIME: 30- 40 minutes
SERVES: 4 persons.