Chatpate french fries
2 medium russet potato
2 tbsp corn starch / corn flour
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp chat masala
oil for frying
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into french fries.
- Soak the potatoes in salt water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the salt water well and pat dry lightly.
- Heat the oil in kadhai or in frying pan on medium high heat.
- Sprinkle salt and corn flour and mix well.
- when the oil is hot, put some potatoes strip in kadhai or frying pan
- Fry the fries till they become gold in color all round, turn the fries few times while frying.
- Remove the fries on an absorbent paper and sprinkle chilli powder and chalt masala mix well.
- Serve hot and enjoy spicy french fries !
NOTE: the frying pan or kadhai should have atleast 1 or 1 1/2 inch of oil for deep frying potatoes.