Recipe of spicy chicken kebabs without grill
Chicken kebabs are served in almost all non vegetarian restaurant, Chicken kebabs are usually grilled or Barbecued but I make it in a very different way , basically chicken kebabs are marinated in blend of spices, its easy to make , delicious in taste and is aromatic Indian appetizer . Its a must try recipe ....!
250 gms boneless chicken breasts
1 tsp vinegar
2 tsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp ginger paste
1 tsp garlic paste
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp schezwan sauce ( for more spicy you can add 1 tsp more )
1 tsp red chili sauce
3- 4 tbsp clarified butter
1 onion , cubed
1 green capsicum , cubed
- Clean the chicken in normal running water and cut into medium size chunks.
- Marinate the chicken with salt , black pepper , ginger paste, garlic paste , vinegar , soya sauce ,red chili powder, red chili sauce, schezwan sauce for about 8 to 10 hrs, keep the coal on gas , once it becomes red place it in between chicken and add 1 tbsp butter , cover the lid immediately so that smoke remains inside.After few hours, remove the coal from the chicken , discard it. Toss in the onion and green capsicum for the last 1 - 2 hours with the marinated chicken chunks so they take on some of the flavor too.
- Remove the marinated onions , capsicum and keep aside.
- Heat pan add marinate chicken and cook until almost done and dried up.
- Now on the sticks weave chicken , onion , and green capsicum , then again start with chicken , and continue the process.
- Weave the remaining on the sticks.
- Brush butter on the chicken sticks properly all over, grill directly on gas and keep rolling for about 40 - 50 seconds so that it gives that grilling touch to the kebabs.
- Serve hot with green chutney and onion salad. ( Recipe by Zulekha Arafat )
If you have oven , instead on gas grill in oven rest the procedure is same.
Brush butter on the chicken sticks after you have grilled for best results.
You can sprinkle some chat masala too, while serving .
Adjust the spice according to your taste.
PREPARATION TIME : 20 - 25 Minutes ( extra time for marination)
SERVES: 3 - 4 Persons.