Recipe of kheer | rice kheer
Rice kheer known as rice pudding is one of the most famous recipe made during festive time all over India. The slow cooking of the milk along with rice creates that delicious thick flavor. .Some use cooked rice where as some use raw one's , kheer is made with milk, rice, sugar , cardamom powder and few sliced nuts . You can also add few strands of saffron, dry fruits,, nuts, fresh fruits or even sweet coloured bondi , but here I have used almonds and pistachios.Rice kheer or rice pudding is easy to make yet it tastes delicious with so few ingredients which brings out rich aroma, texture and royal flavor . I always make kheer with puri in fact I love it that way , it tastes yumm.....!
1/4 cup rice
4 cups whole milk
1/4 th cup sugar
few sliced almonds
few sliced pistachios
1/2 tsp cardamon powder
1 tsp ghee/ butter
- Wash rice 3 - 4 times , melt ghee or butter in non stick pan , add rice and fry for few minutes.
- Add milk , cook until rice is tender and milk is reduced to half by forming a good creamy texture.
- Make sure to stir at intervals so that milk doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and cook for few more minutes.
- Adjust sugar according to your taste.
- Off the gas and serve either warm or cold.
You can use Saffron , Raisins and other nuts to make it more delicious and tasty.
I do not like long length rice so I usually use tukda basmati ( small pieces if basmati rice )
If you serve cold add more sugar.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 - 35 Minutes.
SERVES: 4 Persons.