chicken spring rolls | veg spring rolls
100 gms boneless chicken
1 cup carrots chopped finely into thin strips
1 cup cabbage chopped finely into thin strips
1 cup green capsicum chopped finely into thin strips
1/2 cup french beans
4 - 5 cloves of garlic crushed
2 green chilies crushed
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp red chili sauce
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp black pepper
1 -2 tsp Corn flour diluted in half cup of water
2 tbsp Flour (wheat flour) to make paste
200 gms all purpose flour (maida)
Water required to knead into dough
- Wash chicken , clean and cook with salt, water and ginger garlic paste till its completely done, remove from flame , cool and shred it , keep aside .
- Knead the flour ( maida) , salt with desired water and keep aside by covering it with wet cloth over it .
- In a pan heat 2 tbsp oil add crushed garlic and green chilies , saute for a while now add french beans and fry for sometime till its partially cooked , now add all the other vegetables and saute for a minute by adding salt , pepper , soya sauce , vinegar , red chili sauce , red chili powder and shredded chicken.
- Add cornflour diluted in water and cook on high flame until the gravy thickens , adjust the sauces , salt , pepper and other spices . Remove from fire and keep aside.
- Now take the dough and roll into 2 " rotis , make such 2 small rotis , apply oil on one side and sprinkle flour on both the rotis.
- Now join both the rotis, oil and sprinkled side together and roll into a proper chappati.
- Place the chapati on hot tawa and half cook the chapattis from both the sides.
- When its hot , try to remove edges slowly slowly and you will see that you get 2 thin chapatis (wrappers).
- Repeat the process by making all the wrappers.
- Dissolve 2 tbsp flour ( wheat flour) in 1 tbsp water and make a fine paste.
- Now stuff the chicken and vegetable mixture in the middle of the wrapper , place the two sides in , strat rolling tight and seal the edges and openings by flour paste.
- Roll all the spring rolls into cornflour powder and deep fry in oil.
- Drain and keep on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with instant red chili chutney.
- For veg spring rolls , do not add chicken , rest procedure is same.
- If you want more spicy add red chili sauce as per your taste.
- If you want you can use ready made wrappers to make spring rolls , they easily available in markets.
- If you making wrappers at home just roast the chapattis for few seconds on tawa so that it gives you 2 thin wrappers.
PREPARATION TIME: Approximately 60 Minutes.
SERVES: 3 - 4 Persons.