Recipe of Mutton seekh kebabs
Mutton seekh kebabs are juicy , delicious made with any mince meat you like , but again seekhs are best when made with beef mince meat. Mutton mince mixed with onions and spices to form this lip smacking mutton seekh kebabs, are served with mint and coriander chutney and raw sliced onions, in fact now days chicken seekh kebabs are also being served but the amount of taste that exceeds from mutton seekh kebabs are just awesome which chicken fails to do so, when you have chicken seekhs they are dry whereas mutton seekhs are moist and juicy , but that doesn't mean you cannot have chicken seekh kebabs , its just your preferences what you like , I prefer mutton seekh kebabs over chicken anytime, ...here is my lamb mince seekh kebabs recipe , delicious , tasty , lip smacking, yummy, extra ordinary and so on and on .....
250 gms lamb mince
1 onion chopped
4- 5 green chillies
2 tsp Red chilli powder
Few mint leaves
1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
Coriander leaves 2tbsp
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp clarified butter
1 - 1 and 1/2 tsp Roasted and crushed whole coriander seeds
- Clean , wash and drain mince and mix together green chillies and grind it in food processor.
- Now in large bowl place this Mutton mince, salt , chopped onions , red chilli powder, crushed coriander seeds, cumin powder , garam masala , chopped corriander leaves , mint leaves chopped , ginger garlic paste and butter, mix everything well.
- Heat coal on gas until it becomes red , now place this coal on mutton mixture and pour 1 tbsp clarified butter ( you can use butter instead of ghee ), cover with the lid immediately so that the smoke remains inside the bowl and keep it for 3 - 4 hours. ( this procedure of coal is called koyle ka tanda and is very important step)
- Now remove the coal , divide the mince mixture into equal portion, with your moist hand pat the mince mixture on to skewers and shape into kebabs.
- Cook the kebabs in the oven or tandoor till almost done , brush the seekhs with butter and continue to cook until completely done.
- Serve hot with lemon wedges, raw onion slices and mint and coriander chutney.
- Ideally prefer mutton mince with fats ( good amount of fats ) to get that soft and moist kebbabs, instead when you go to buy lamb meat or any meat of your choice, inform the butcher that you want mince for seekh kebabs , he will give you that much needed fats with your mutton mince.
- Do not over cook kebabs , they should not be dry should be moist.
- Adjust the hotness according to your taste and preferences . ( I make these kebabs spicy as I love it that way.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 Minutes. ( extra time for marination)
SERVES: 3 -4 Persons