Recipe of Sheer Khurma
Sheer khurma is served during Eid , the festive season of muslims where they fast from dawn till late evening....! Sheer khurma is a sweetened milk with nuts and vermicelli which gives milk an authentic flavour. Its a famous dessert that is being served on the day of Eid after namaz , in fact during that day when guests go to meet one another at their respective place , Sheer khurma is being served as a welcome dessert . I still remember my grand ma she use to make the best Sheer khurma and I don't think any one can beat her taste.The perfect balanced of nuts and seviyan , with perfect amount of sugar and ghee, simply use to taste..... mind boggling....! I use to have 3 - 4 bowls in a day when she use to make during Eid time , infact use to wait for Eid so that daadi 's sheer khurma would be served, I can never forget her taste as she was expert in sheer khurma. I have tried to make like her with the perfect balanced nuts, sugar, seviyan, its a must try Recipe ....!
1.5 Litres Milk
50 gms roasted vermicelli (seviyan)
50 gms almonds
50 gms pistachio
3/4 cup sugar
25 gm charoli ( chironji nuts)
2 tbsp clarified butter (ghee)
1/2 tsp Green cardamom powder.
1. Keep soaked almonds and pistachio in water separately for over night .
2. Wash charoli and keep them to dry , once they dry shed all the coverings of charoli and keep aside.
3. Boil the milk and add sugar to it, cook until the sugar dissolves.
4.Heat ghee in pan and add seviyan , stir gently and cook till it turns golden brown.
5. Add charoli , almonds and pistachios and fry for sometime.
6.Add this fried nuts and seviyan to the milk.
7. Lastly sprinkle green cardamom powder, adjust sugar ( add more few tbsp as per your preferences) and cook the milk for 15 - 20 Minutes.
8. Serve hot or cold as per you like.
NOTE: When you have sheer khurma , you should get all the flavors, balanced like nuts and of the seviyan, so do not add too much off seviyan to it, but then if you want you can add more seviyan as per your preferences.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 Minutes.
SERVES: 7 - 8 Persons.