Chicken in salt and pepper
Chicken with salt and pepper is a Chinese cuisine , where chicken is tossed in salt and pepper and then fried , in fact its served dry but I have done an experiment with it by tossing fried chicken with few sauces and trust me the results were outstanding ...! Any doubts , then here's my experimental recipe of Sizzling chicken with salt and pepper and decide your self that is it worth making or no .....
- 500 gms boneless chicken
- Ginger 1 " piece
- 7 -8 Garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 Capsicum chopped ( optional )
- Few spring onions green chopped
- 3 onions finely chopped
- 3 tbsp Soya sauce
- 2 tbsp vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- salt to taste
- 3- 4 whole red chillies
- 1 green chilly finely chopped
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 2-3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 tsp black pepper crushed
- Clean and cut chicken into long thin strips and marinate with 1 tbsp vinegar , 1 tbsp soya sauce , salt and 1 tsp black pepper for few hours.
- Heat oil in deep fry pan and add cornstarch and all purpose flour to marinated chicken and deep fry them till crisp , drain and keep on absorbent paper.
- Heat oil in a wok and add whole red chillies ( split into two ) followed by ginger, garlic, green chilly, add chopped onions and continue to stir fry for a minute.
- Add fried chicken , soya sauce , salt , sugar , black pepper , vinegar . Cook on high flame for a minute or two , tossing continuously.
- Garnish with spring onions ( green) , serve hot .
PREPARATION TIME : 30 - 40 Minutes ( extra time for marination)
SERVES: 2 -3 Persons.
If you want less spicy just decrease the no of red chilies and for more spicy increase the number of green chillies.
If you want you can increase or decrease soya sauce and vinegar as per your preferences.