Egg Curry Recipe | anda masala Recipe
Egg curry, simple Recipe with all the spices and ingredients that is always there on your kitchen shelf , yet its palatable. Egg curry is also known as anda curry which is spiced up with spices and cooked in onions and tomato gravy. Its a spicy curry, though the trick to make your curry more scrumptious , is to saute and fry a lot so that all the ingredients merge together well and give a superior taste and mesmerizing aroma to your curry. Egg curry is yummy, scrummy, finger licking, pungent, tempting ..... in short "delicious meal "
2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 large onions chopped finely
3 - 4 tomatoes chopped
1 green chilly finely chopped
1 tbsp coriander powder
2 tsp chilli powder
Coriander leaves for garnishing
4 - 6 eggs
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt as per taste
- Boil eggs in water, for 10 - 15 minutes , drain and remove the shell and make a slit in each egg, this is to absorb the gravy.
- In a wok heat oil, add eggs, fry for a minute, drain and keep the eggs aside.
- Now in the same wok add green chilli and onions, saute till they change color, add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell disappears.
- Once the oil separates add tomatoes and fry for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, coriander powder , chilli powder , cover the lid and fry until tomatoes are formed into pulp and oil separates. ( to prevent the masala from getting burnt at the bottom while frying add 1/4 cup water)
- Now add the eggs and cumin powder, garam masala powder and fry for a minute.
- Now add 1/2 or 3/4 cup of water and simmer on low flame until gravy thickens, garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with parathas/ naan or chappatis/ phulkas or Rice.
Keep stirring at intervals when the lid is covered so that masala do not get burnt at the bottom.
Sometimes the tomatoes if unripe, takes a long time to form into pulp, so to prevent the masala from getting burnt at the bottom add little water at intervals , by doing this masala wont stick at the bottom and tomatoes will become soft and will form into pulp faster.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 - 40 Minutes.
SERVES: 2 Persons.