Recipe of Hot Garlic chicken / potatoes
Hot Garlic Chicken / potatoes are just truly amazing with its strong aroma of honey, garlic and sauces,the perfect blend gives it a balanced taste which is outstanding... I have no words how to appreciate this recipe as its one of the best one , easy and lip smacking.....In fact I am not able to decide that which tastes better Hot Garlic Chicken or Hot Garlic Potatoes.....
Its a must try Recipe veg/ non veg ( chicken) , If you are a die heart foodie then I am sure you will love it and would be confused like me that which one has an edge over the other...If you able to find an answer , please do let me know...... Does Hot Garlic chicken tastes outstanding and better , than Hot Garlic Potatoes ? or is it vise verse ...
250 gms chicken
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp oriental salt
1 tbsp garlic chopped
1/2 Capsicum chopped
2 tbsp tomato ketchup
2 -3 tbsp chilly sauce
1 tsp soya sauce
1/2 or 1 tsp paprika powder or chilly flakes
1 tsp honey
1 tsp cornstarch paste ( cornflour)
( 1 tsp cornflour in 3 tbsp water)
chicken stalk 5 - 6 tbsp
sesame seeds for garnishing.
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1. Clean ,wash and cut chicken into thin long strips and marinate with salt, red chili powder, oriental salt and pepper powder for 2-3 hours.
2. In a kadhai heat sufficient oil , roll or dust cornflour on each chicken piece one by one , or mix cornflour directly to the chicken mixtue and deep fry the chicken fingers until golden and crispy on low to medium flame. Drain on an absorbent paper.
3.In a pan, add 1 tbsp oil, add chopped garlic, saute for few seconds, add tomato ketchup, chilly sauce, soya sauce, honey, cornflour paste, chicken stalk (3/4 cup water) , salt and pepper, fry for 2 - 3 seconds.
4. Add the fried chicken to the mixture, mix well and remove from fire.
5. Place in a serving dish, garnish with sesame seeds and capsicum, serve immediately. ( Recipe by Zulekha Arafat)
- If you do not have chicken stalk, add 3/4 cup water.
- increase or decrease the number of chilly sauce as per your preferences
PREPARATION TIME: 20 Minutes. ( extra time for marination)
SERVES: 2 Persons.
For Hot Garlic Potatoes
Peel 2 potatoes and chopped into fingers ( eg.like french fries) , sprinkle salt and cornstarch, ,mix well.
Now fry them like french fries, rest follow the above instructions from ( 3rd to 5th points )
NOTE: Instead chicken stock , use vegetable stalk and if you do not have vegetable stock than use water.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 Minutes.
SERVES: 2 Persons.