recipe of brinjal fry | simple egg plant fry | Baigan fry
Brinjal fry is a simple balanced dish served with spicy chutney and curd along with olive oil and sprinkled with red chilli powder. The best part is easy to cook, with an appropriate balanced taste. If you love experimenting with food , here is the recipe for brinjal fry.
I love spicy food with balanced taste as curd cuts down the spice of garlic and green chillies....though i love loads of garlic chillies chutney and curd with olive oil on each fried brinjal...
I usually make this recipe whenever I feel to cook something simple without much efforts but no compromise with taste..
1 large sized Brinjal
1 cup thick curd
8 - 10 cloves of garlic
5- 7 green ( light green coloured)
2 - 3 tbsp olive oil
red chilli powder
1/4 - 1/2 tsp cumin powder
oil for frying
1. Wash brinjal and cut into thick rings and soak in salted water for half an hour.
2. Crush garlic and green chillies in a motar and keep aside ( do not add water).
3. Beat curd with salt, sprinkle cumin powder and keep aside.
4. Heat oil, deep fry baigan ( brinjal ) until they turn crispy and golden.
5. Drain on an absorbent paper and sprinkle red chilli powder.
6.Decorate each fried brinjol rings with 1 tsp garlic chilies chutney and 1 - 2 tbsp curd and then add olive oil and sprinkle red chilly powder, serve hot with phulkas/ chappatis. ( if you want you can assemble as per the quantity of garlic chilly chutney, olive oil and curd you like, with fried brinjal ) - Recipe by Zulekha Arafat
- If you do not want to decorate then you can separately add garlic chilly chutney, curd and olive oil as per accordingly how much ever you want to, for each bite.
- If you love spicy food, then add more garlic and green chillies as I personally prefer spicy so I make quantity of garlic and green chillies chutney as per my taste.
- Though the quantity of garlic and green chillies given in the ingredients section here is as per moderate spice so you can increase or decrease as per your taste.
- You can use light green chilies instead of dark green chilies, as they are less spicy then darker ones.
- You can sprinkle little red chilly powder on curd at the time of serving.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 Minutes.
SERVES: 3 - 4 Persons.