Recipe Of Crispy Veg | Veg Crispy
Crispy Veg is a lip smacking appetizer in which vegetables are tossed in sauces and dipped into flour and deep fried. Then these batter fried vegetables are tossed in gravy and serve hot immediately.
I love both ways, I mean sometimes I make just batter fried crispy vegetables and sometimes toss in the gravy.
Infact another variation is you can serve batter fried vegetables along with the prepared sauce on the side as an accomplishment, the way we have along with chutneys or sauces or dips..try it out and find for your self, which version you like..here is the recipe of crispy fried veg....
Few florets of cauliflower
1/4 portion of cabbage
7 - 8 baby corns
2 finely chopped green chillies ( optional)
4 - 5 tsp schezwan chutney
3 tbsp soya
3 tsp vinegar
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp red chilli powder
red food color ( optional)
1 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup cornflour
4 tsp all purpose flour
oil for frying
4 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
1- 2 tsp soya sauce
1 Onion finely chopped
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper - optinal
1 tsp schezwan chutney
Red food colour - optinal
1. Wash and chop all the vegetables into thick cube shaped and add salt, 1 tsp ginger garlic, 1 tbsp soya sauce, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp schezwan chutney, 1/2 tsp black pepper and mix everything well, keep aside.
2. In a large bowl add cornflour, maida ( all purpose flour), salt, red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper,2 tbsp soya sauce, 2 tbsp vinegar, 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, 3 - 4 tsp sheczwan chutney and 1/4 cup water. mix everything well.
3. Heat oil in a wok or thick kadhai, and dip the vegetables into the batter and then in oil, deep fry them in batches until they turn golden in color and crispy.
SAUCE PREPARATION :
4. In a pan heat oil, add garlic and fry till it starts changing colour.
5. Add onions and fry until it turns translucent.
5. Now add salt, soya sauce, schezwan chutney, vinegar, tomato sauce and if you want more spice add black pepper and saute for a while.
6. Now add 1/4 cup water , when the gravy thickens add the fried vegetables, toss and serve hot immediately.
(If you want that vibrant colour add red food colour when you add water to the gravy for that much needed restaurant style)
- You can add spring onions with greens as well with other vegetables.
- Prepare the sauce along with the last batch of batter fried vegetables to save time.
- You can make crispy veg with any one or two or more vegetables depending upon your preferences.
- You can add red food color in the batter to give vibrant red colour to the batter fried vegetables.
- If you do not prefer much spicy food then do not add red chilli powder and green chillies.
- You can have fried crispy vegetables with out tossing in prepared gravy, but if you dont like too crispiness then prepare the gravy and add into it.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 - 25 Minutes.
SERVES: 2- 3 Persons.