Recipe of Hara Mutor Keema Rice |Green Mutton Mince Rice | Hara Keema Rice
HARA MUTOR KEEMA RICE/ PULAO is simply outstanding, the keema is tossed in spices and coriander chilli paste and is cooked royally with basmati rice.
I was making green keema ( mutton mince ) but suddenly changed my mind, thought lets experiment with my prepared keema, and to my surprise it turned out to be a hit, so here is my experimental Hara keema pulao/ green mutton mince rice/ mutor keema pulao.....hope you all like it............
2 1/2 cups basmati rice
300 gms prepared green keema
4- 5 green chillies
1 bay leaves
2 -3 cloves
2 - 3 pepper corns
1 star anise
1 small stick cinnamon
1 medium onion finely chopped
2 chicken cubes
salt as per taste
- Wash basmati rice and soak in water for an hour.
- Mean while prepare green keema http://www.zulekhaskitchen.com/2014/10/cooking-muttor-keema-green-keema.html just do not add green peas ( mutor) nor do the tempering ( bagar with oil and green chillies)
- In a deep thick bottomed pan heat oil , add bay leave, cloves, cumin seeds, pepper corns, star anise, cinnamon and slitted green chillies.
- Add onions and fry till it starts changing its color,add green peas, green keema and chicken cubes and fry for a minute.
- Now add 5 cups of water and salt for rice portion and bring to a boil.
- Once the water boils add rice and cook on high flame until half water has dried up.
- Now keep the vessel on hot griddle, cover and cook on low flame until rice is completely done.
- Keep something heavy weight on the lid so that steam doesn't comes out and the rice is cooked in that steam itself.
- Serve hot with onion raita.
- Increase or decrease the green chillies as per your preferences.
- If the water has dried up but the rice is yet to be cooked,just sprinkle some water, cover and cook on low flame until its completely done.
PREPARATION TIME: 1 Hour.
SERVES: 3 Persons.