Recipe of Chicken sandwich Pakoda
Chicken sandwich pakora/ pakoda is a delicious, lip smacking snack , enjoyed anytime of the day , during any seasons. The best part of these sandwiches are you don't need any extra chutney's or sauces to enhance the flavor as they added on the slice it self.
Chicken Sandwich Pakora / Pakoda is simple , easy and tasty like my other recipes, in fact the sandwiches are made of slice with home made coriander mint chutney , shredded chicken mixed in mayonnaise and seasoned , then dipped in chick pea mixture and deep fried.
Its not necessary that difficult recipes are always best , because they take lot of time, energy and hard work. In fact I believe be it difficult or simple and easy recipes, they turn out awesome only if you prepare it with " Dil se " ...and that's what i do .......
Here is my Recipe of Chicken Sandwich Pakora / Pakoda , which will make you drool all over it........You don't believe me.....try it out !
12 slices of bread
175 gms Boneless Chicken
4- 5 tbsp garlic mayonnaise
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp whole crushed coriander
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
2 cups chick pea flour ( besan)
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
6-7 tbsp coriander mint chutney ( click here for chutney recipe )
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
Oil for frying
1. Boil the chicken with salt, ginger garlic paste and 2 cups of water, once the chicken is done, shred it and keep aside.
2. In a large bowl, add chick pea flour , salt, red chilly powder, coriander crushed, cumin powder, garam masala , turmeric powder and baking soda. Mix everything well, make a semi thick smooth batter by adding little water. ( make sure that the batter is mixed well, and no lumps are formed )
3. Take another bowl, add chicken , salt , pepper and garlic mayonnaise ( you can use plain mayonnaise also but I added garlic one, for good flavor) . Mix everything well and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in kadhai , once the oil is hot , slow down the flame. Chop the edges of the bread, now take a slice of bread apply adequate coriander chutney on it, cover it with another slice.
4. On that slice ( 2nd slice) , apply chicken mayonnaise mixture and cover with the third slice.
5. Dip the sandwich in flour mixture and coat it over all including the sides. ( you can use your hands or pour mixture by spoon you can do this either , but I prefer doing it with hands for better grip to hold on ) .
( Make sure you dont take too much time , in this step as this will make the slice soggy and during the time to lift it up they might break , so hurry while you are on this step )
6. Now lift up immediately and slowly place it in the oil, deep fry it on medium flame until golden brown in color on both the sides.
7. Cut into triangles before serving and serve with your choice of dip , sauce or chutneys.
- I made few chicken sandwich pakora with coriander chutney and few by mixing tomato sauce and chilly in equal quantity and then applying it on slice instead of coriander chutney.
- For kids, you can use just tomato sauce on the slice, cover it with the other slice, then place chicken mayonnaise mixture and cover with the third slice.
PREPARATION TIME : 30 Minutes.
SERVES: 3- 4 Persons.