Recipe Of Chicken crispy in KFC style
Chicken crispy in KFC style, is a spicy , hot , delicious, mesmerizing delicacy, in which raw spices are rubbed and then rolled into all purpose flour with spices, then dipped in beaten eggs and lastly deep fried into crispy chicken pieces .
Actually no one knows how these KFC people make this chicken, but yes every one tries their own version and so did I , but believe me it turns out simply outstanding.
Though these chicken crispy ( KFC style) are accompanied with tomato sauce or chilly sauce but I felt now they are too boring to have with these crispy crunchy hot chicken , so I made mayonnaise and mint dip, which instantly became a super duper hit in my family, its a must try Recipe ........
Crispy chicken in KFC style is one of its kind, which you cannot eat just one, so make a bucket full of chicken crispy with mayonnaise mint chutney , and surprise your loved ones......with this divine and flavorful Recipe...Here I go with the whole Recipe Of KFC Crispy Chicken in my style......
Spice mix 1/2 kg whole chicken chopped into medium pieces
1 tsp paprika powder
1 ts dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
2-3 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oriental salt ( optional)
salt as per taste
1/2 - 1 tsp pepper powder
1 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper ( if you want spicy)
1 tsp red chilly powder ( if you want spicy)
butter milk ( optional)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 of the prepared spice mixture
2 whole eggs, beaten
1- 2 hot chilly sauce or hot sauce ( optional )
salt and pepper
1. Clean the chicken and keep in the butter milk for 3 - 4 hours or may be overnight. ( this step you can skip , but it is said that its necessary for KFC style chicken)
2. Remove the chicken from buttermilk one by one, slowly , pat dry all the chicken pieces and keep aside. Add all the spices ingredients into a food processor and grind together, remove 2 tbsp / 1/4 of the mixture and keep aside .
3. Now rub the spice mix to the chicken properly , and aside keep for 1-2 hours. ( marinate for 3 hours, but you are running out of time then marinate for an hour or 2 )
4. Take a large wide bowl, shift the flour mixture ingredients, and mix well, keep aside.
5. Beat the eggs mixture ingredients in a bowl with a fork, keep aside . ( this procedure should be done at the time of frying )
6. Take each chicken, place in the flour mixture, shake the bowl so that the mixture gets coated well, if still the pieces aren't then shake again at intervals so that all the pieces gets coated in the flour mixture well.
7. Now Remove all the chicken pieces from the flour mixture , keep aside for sometime to set.
8. Meanwhile heat oil in a wide skillet, Dip each chicken pieces into egg mixture.
9. And then roll on the flour mixture again and deep fry it on slow flame until golden and crispy.
10. Repeat the same procedure of dipping and coating for each chicken pieces and fry into batches so that they get enough space to cook and do not get over crowded.
11. Serve hot with any choice of sauces or mayonnaise mint dip. ( Click here for mayo mint recipe )
Cooking tip's by Zulekha Arafat
- If you do not want to keep chicken pieces overnight or for 3 -4 hours, that is your choice but this procedure is necessary for making KfC chicken style.
- Dip each an every piece in egg mixture and then roll it into flour mixture and fry it immediately, this procedure you have to do one piece at a time not like you dip all in egg mixture, and keeping ready to roll in flour mixture.
- In 6 step : If you want you can keep the chicken in the flour mixture for an hour instead of removing and then letting set it, by this step 7 would be void. ( no need to follow step 7 if you do this)
- You can add those optional spices if you want it more spicy.
- If you want you can add 2 tbsp butter crumbs and crushed oats/ crushed cornflakes in flour mixture for better results.
PREPARATION TIME: Approximately 2 hours (extra time for all marination procedure)
SERVES: 3 Persons.