Recipe Of Baida Roti
Baida Roti is a delicious snack , but at the same time it completes a proper meal too as it has eggs, mutton and is wrapped in a roti. Baida Roti is made of mutton mince cooked in spices and then wrapped into a roti with eggs, in fact you can replace it with chicken also. Though this is my favourite snack relished with mint corriander chutney. As its very easy, and made with simple ingredients , but tastes extraordinary.....!
Its a must try recipe........!
150 - 200 gms lamb mince
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
a pinch of turmeric powder
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1 green chilly slit and finely chopped
1/ 2 tsp garam masala powder
few chopped coriander leaves
few dry methi leaves
1 tsp lemon juice
FOR DOUGH :
1 cup maida ( all purpose flour)
2 tbsp oil
1/2 onion finely chopped
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 - 2 green chilies slit and finely chopped
oil for frying
1. In a bowl, add maida, salt , oil and knead well by adding little water ,and make a soft dough, now take a damp mul mul cloth and cover the dough for 15 - 20 minutes.
2. In a pan heat 1- 2 tbsp oil , add onions and fry until it turns translucent, now add ginger garlic paste , fry for few seconds, add mince , salt , turmeric powder, coriander powder , garam masala powder and red chilly powder, mix everything well and keep on low flame until mince is tender ( do not add water, as mutton will get cooked in its own water )
3. When the mince becomes dry , add green chilies, coriander leaves,lime juice and crushed kasturi methi leaves , cook until the mince starts sticking to the pan.
4. In a bowl, break the eggs, season that with salt , pepper, chopped onions , green chilies and coriander leaves, whisk with the help of a fork and keep aside.
5. Take the dough , and knead it one more time so that it becomes more soft, now divide the dough in equal parts and roll into round balls. Roll out each dough ball into a thin chappati .
6. Now place a good amount of mince masala in the center.
7. Pour 3 tbsp beaten eggs over it.
8. Fold the edges from 2 sides , and then again the rest remaining two, to make a square pocket .
9. Heat griddle/ non stick pan, place chappati packet on it, drizzle some oil .
10. Gently fry on low heat until its golden and crispy , now flip the other side and fry until crisp.
11. Cut into half and serve with coriander mint chutney.
- You can replace mutton mince with chicken chunks, all the steps are same just that chop chicken into small pieces and continue with the same procedure.
- Increase or decrease the number of chilies as per your preferences.
- You can replace mutton mince with chicken mince, all the steps are same just that only time may vary, like chicken mince will take hardly few minutes , as compared to mutton mince.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 - 40 Minutes.
SERVES : 2 Persons.