Recipe of Garlic and Pepper Chicken
Chicken in garlic and pepper is an Indo-Chinese dish, in which only 2 - 3 Chinese sauces are added to give the flavor. Garlic and pepper Chicken is cooked in my style, I love making chicken with different sauces and experiment to get a different taste. I do not go with the perfect ingredients, in fact most of the times, I keep experimenting to get a unique mesmerizing flavor.
Though mostly in Chinese gravies, chicken are deep fried, but here I did not deep fry the chicken, in eggs , cornflour and maida ( all purpose flour) instead I have marinated and then fried them directly to give a different taste and fresh look unlike the classic ones.
Here is the Recipe of Garlic and Pepper Chicken in my style.....hope you all like it.....!
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATION:
150 gms chicken boneless.
1/4 tsp freshly coarsely grounded pepper
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp red chilly sauce
salt to taste
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
3- 4 spring onion bulbs ( small or medium) chopped into halves.
1 capsicum chopped into medium sized cube
1/4 tsp pepper freshly grounded
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2-3 tbsp soya sauce
2 tsp sugar / honey
2 red chilies ( optional )
1 tsp red chilly sauce
2 whole red chilies
5 -6 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 tsp corn flour
- Clean the chicken , chop into medium pieces, I chopped into cubical shape , you can cut them into long thin strips, ( which ever you feel comfortable) . Marinate the chicken which is mentioned under the marination section, cover and refrigerate it, for 1 hour or preferably a night before.
- Chop the vegetables and keep side.
- Now in a wok, heat 4 -5 tbsp oil and add the marinated chicken and cook on medium flame for 2 -3 minutes , drain it and keep aside on a plate ( do not over cook it, as it should be soft )
- In the same wok/ kadhai , add garlic and whole red chilies ( broken into halves) , if want you can add chopped red chilies too ( optional) and saute for a minute.
- Add onion bulbs, grounded pepper, Worcestershire sauce, soya sauce , chilly sauce, sugar/ honey with a pinch of salt if needed and fry for a minute.
- Dilute 1 tsp cornflour in 1 cup of water and add to the gravy , bring to a boil, once the gravy thickens, add chicken and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Adjust the seasonings, like sauces and pepper and add capsicum, mix well and off the gas.
- Serve immediately with fried rice or coriander fried rice.
- If you want a proper gravy then add more cornflour and water as per your preferences.
- Increase or decrease the chilies as per your taste or add chilly sauce as per your preferences, if you do not have too spicy do not add one of them.
- Do not over cook the chicken while stir frying that shall make the chicken hard, so avoid it.
- You can add honey also, instead of sugar but I have added sugar.
- I have added red chilies instead of green ones, so that it looks colorful and if tastes more spicy can side them as they visible.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 - 20 Minutes. ( extra time for marination )
SERVES : 2 Persons.