Recipe of Arbi Pulao / Biryani / Chicken Biryani
Arbi Biryani is something very different compared to our classic regular Biryani's. Arbi Biryani has a very unique taste, which has an outstanding flavor. Arbi Biryani is assembled with barbecue flavored sauce, with few raw veggies, then a layer of grated home made paneer, covered with barbecued chicken leg pieces, with fried and saucy potato wedges.
Arbi Biryani is delicious, palatable, irresistible, and one of a kind in which , tomato sauce is prepared to serve with this Biryani. And let me tell you , the whole set up , like having the Biryani with flavorful home made tomato sauce is simply outstanding, I am sure you gonna drool over it.....
Tomato sauce is a less spicy or non spicy sauce,( here you can adjust the hotness as per your preferences though) in which garlic and chilies added to give that much needed flavor to this unique Biryani/ Pulao .
Arbi Biryani / Pulao is simply outstanding with very aromatic flavored rice, served with home made tomato sauce. Hope you all like this palatable and lip smacking recipe......
1 kg chicken drumsticks.
2 and 1/2 cup basmati rice
6 - 7 tbsp barbeque sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 cup or more grated home made paneer
2 boiled eggs
1 -2 carrots
2 -3 green chillies
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 inch ginger finely chopped
6 - 7 cloves finely chopped garlic
TOMATO SAUCE :
2 -3 green chilies
4 -5 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1. Wash, clean and slit the drumsticks, marinate with salt and 1- 2 tsp red chilly powder , ginger garlic paste and keep aside for an hour .
2. Wash rice 2 - 3 times , soak in water for half an hour.
3. In a pressure cooker add tomatoes, with 3 -4 cups of water and pressure it till 3 whistles. Once it cools down, open the lid , remove the skin and blend it with hand blender ( not in a food processor )
4. Heat oil in a broad deep pan, add ginger , garlic and slitted green chilies , saute for a minute.
5. Now add drumbsticks, and roast it for 10 - 15 minutes,
7. Add barbecue sauce, potatoes , pepper and salt , fry for a minute and remove from fire.
8. In the same wok, add little oil if needed , bring to a boil 4 and half cups of water, add salt and cook the rice in the same left over saute barbeque sauce on high flame, slow down the gas once half water has dried up.
9. By the time, rice is being cooked, peel cucumber, beet root and carrots , chop into thick long strips , add salt and pepper , keep aside.
10. Once the rice s almost done, strat the layering , add the grated paneer evenly on the cooked rice.
11. Then place the cucumber, carrots and beetroot all over it.
12. Now here comes the layer of boiled sliced eggs sprinkles with salt and pepper , ( though I boiled and kept separately to decorate the biryani) and last but not the least place the drumbsticks with potatoes,
13. Cover the lid keeping napkin in between , place a heavy weight on the lid and keep on dum for 15 minutes. ( You can Keep hot tawa/ griddle under the pan to avoid sticking at the bottom )
TOMATO SAUCE :
1. In a pan, heat oil, add cumin seeds, let it splutter.
2. Add crushed garlic and green chilies , saute for a minute.
3. Now add crushed tomatoes and salt.
4. Cover and cook until it turns into a thick gravy. Serve hot with Arbi Biryani
- Add green chillies and red chilly powder as per your preferences.
- Do not grind tomatoes in food processor , use hand blender for better results.
- Add homemade paneer for good results.
PREPARATION TIME : Approximately 1 Hour.
SERVES: 4 Persons.