Chicken Malai Tikka Wraps | Reshmi Malai Kebabs
Reshmi Malai tikkas are marinated in creamy cashew , almond paste with other few ingredients and are then charcoaled along with butter to give a rich , aromatic and mesmerizing taste. The tikkas are served with mint corinader chutney and raw crunchy onions . Though it is known as Reshmi tikkas, malai tikkas, malai murgh, murgh reshmi kebabs and so on , but as the name says it all, reshmi tikkas are preferebly soft , melt in to the mouth kind of, which gives a tickle to your taste buds.
Reshmi Malai tikka Wraps are an experiment by me, as I wanted to make something in wraps with simple , soft chicken to go with my mayo mint dip, initallly I was very tensed and excited too , but as I started making it , my confidence level boomed high and trust me it turned out simply amazing , the mesmeriizng taste of Reshmi malai tikka wraps, are out of the world, in fact my hubby loves these wraps , more than he loves me.......lols !
wraps are tikkas grilled , sauteed in the masala and is then wrapped in a maida roti (wrap) along with mint mayo dip. Its a mesmerizing wrap where the reshmi tikkas are non spicy ,are wrapped with spicy mayo mint dip to give the perfect balance .
As the recipe Includes three variations; first is Only Reshmi tikkas served with coriander mint chutney , second is Masala ,you can serve it with tandoori roti/ butter naan instead of wraps....( make sure you add green chillies as per your taste at the time of grinding the nuts and coriander masala for better taste )
and the last but not the least , third is Wraps...( wrapped with mayo mint chutney ).
For the Recipe of Mayo Mint Dip (click here for mayo recipe ) , the recipe has the spice accordingly, but you can add green chillies as per your preferences, as the tikkas are non spicy.
1. INGREDIENTS FOR MALAI TIKKAS/ RESHMI TIKKAS
250 gms chicken boneless
2 tbsp thick curd
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2-3 tbsp corainder leaves
1 -2 green chillies
2-3 tbsp cream
1 tsp white pepper
Butter ( maska)
1. Blend 1onion, 7-8/cashews, 7-8, almonds, 2-3 tbsp coriander leaves and green chilly in a food processor and make a fine paste.
2.Chop boneless chicken into medium chunks and marinate for 3-4 hours in refregerator with this paste, salt , ginger garlic paste, white pepper, 2 tbsp oil, cream and curd.
3. In a pan , add 1-2 tbsp butter and add only the chicken chunks , and fry until the chicken has dried up. ( but if you want to make CHICKEN RESHMI TIKKA GRAVY OR CHICKEN RESHMI TIKKKA WRAPS then you need to preserve the left over masala for later use and the masala that is oozing out while frying the chicken chunks, tilt the pan and preserve this masala too with the help of big spoon.)
4. Now when the chicken are almost done, Weave in a stick, bast with melting butter and grill on gas directly keeping a safe distance , ( apply butter on the chicken chunks before grilling)
5. Serve hot immediately with salads and mint coriander chutney or any kind of chutney of your choice.
- IF YOU HAVE CHARCOAL GRILL OR OVEN then weave together chicken pieces on a skewer , an inch a part , bast with melted butter . Roast on a charcoal grill for 5 minutes or in a pre heated oven at 275ºF for 6-7 minutes . Remove the skewers and hang for 5-7 minutes to let excess moisture drip off.Brush with melted butter and roast again.
- I marinate the chicken a night before , so during that time I do not add fresh cream instead I add the cream just before 3 -4 hours of preparing tikkas, you can follow this or the pattern mentioned above both are fine, as this depends totally on your time and preferences.
2. INGREDIENTS FOR RESHMI TIKKA GRAVY
2 -3 cloves of garlic
1/2 chopped onion
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup cream
1/2 tsp white pepper ( optional )
1. While making the tikkas, side by side in a pan, add little butter , 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic , fry until soft.
2. Now add 1/2 chopped onion and fry until they turn translucent,
3. Add the masala in which the chicken was marinated and also the preserved masala which ozzed out at the time of frying the chicken chunks in the pan, fry for a minute, add 1/2 cup water to the bowl in which the chicken was marinated, pour this water to the gravy, cover and cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes.
5. Lastly add 1/2 cup cream ,cook for 2-3 minutes again or until the gravy becomes thick, adjust the seasonings and off the gas.
6. Serve hot with butter naans, kulchas, lachedar paranthas and salads.
- For reshmi tikka gravy, during the time of marination add green chillies as per your taste as its only 1-2 added at that time, so you can increase or decrease the number as per your preferences to spice up the dish.
- Increase or decrease the number of tsp of white pepper as per your taste, you can skip it too, as its optional.
3. INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN RESHMI TIKKA WRAPS
2 cups all purpose flour
mint mayo dip ( click here for mayo mint recipe )
chopped raw onions ( optional )
1.Make a soft dough with all purpose flour, salt and desired water, knead it well,. As the dough should be soft and well kneaded so in-between kneading , add little oil and knead again, for that much needed softness in wraps.
2. Cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15 minutes.
3. Now roll it into a roti ( chapati) , and roast on tawa, here if you want you can add little oil/ butter and fry both the sides.
4. Now keep the wrap in serving plate , place 2 tbsp Reshmi tikka with masala and along with it add 1-2 tbsp mint mayo dip ( click here for mayo mint recipe ) , few raw crunchy onions ( optional).
5. Roll into a tight wrap and serve immediately.
- While making mayo mint dip , add green chillies as per your taste as malai tikkas are kind of non spicy , so to adjust the spice you can add accordingly green chillies in mayo dip for more tastier wraps.
- If you want you can add more green chillies at the blending time, where the paste is applied and kept for few hours for marination or at the time of making the gravy , add green chillies or you can make the mayo mint more spicy by adding few green chilies then mentioned in the recipe.
- If you making mayo spicy then do not add more green chilies to the gravy nor at the time of marination. And if you adding more chillies to the gravy or at the time of marination then do not add more chillies in the mayo dip. The basic point here is to keep one non spicy and the other one spicy to get a good better taste, if you making wraps.
PREPARATION OF WRAPS : 40 - 50 Minutes.
SERVES:7 -8 wraps