Recipe of chilly Schezwan Fish
My forte is masala fry fish , pan fried fish with tomato based gravy and so on, but then thought to prepare something that I never tried out. It was a risk as my hubby may not like it, was my main agenda, but to my surprise he loved it, and said this is one of the best dish in fish , he has ever had.....!
A lip smacking and apt appetizer for sea food lovers , who loves fish in any form, here is a palatable recipe to tigger your taste buds, craving for more...!
Here is the Recipe of chilly Schezwan fish in zulekha's style, I hope you all like it .....!
INGREDIENTS FOR MARINATION :
300 gms Boneless fish
1 tsp pepper powder
salt to taste
1-2 tsp red chilly powder
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp soya sauce
2 tbsp cornflour
oil for frying
5 -6 cloves of chopped garlic
2-3 whole Dried red chilies
2-3 green chilies chopped into two
1 capsicum chopped into cubes
1 finely chopped onions
1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
1 and half tsp black pepper
1 tsp vinegar
1 cup water
1/2 cup tomato sauce
2 - 3 tbsp schezwan sauce
spring onions for garnishing
1. Wash clean and chop boneless fish into medium cubes, and marinate with salt, chilly powder, ginger garlic paste, pepper and soya sauce for 1 hour. Meantime chop all the vegetables and keep aside.
2. Now in a kadhai heat oil, until the oil is getting heated, mix 2 tbsp cornflour to the marinated fish and add one by one , and deep fry them in batches. ( make sure that you add the fish pieces once the oil is hot ) . Drain and keep aside.
3. In a pan, heat oil, fry ginger , garlic, green chilies, red chilies for a minute. Now add onions and fry until translucent.
4. Add tomato sauce, vinegar, soya sauce, schezwan sauce, pepper powder, and fry for half a minute or bring to a boil , add 1 cup of water and saute for a while.
5. Add capsicum and fish pieces and toss until the gravy thicken .
6. Garnish with spring onions and serve hot.
- Increase or decrease the amount of chilly powder/ green chilies, red chilies, schezwan sauce as per your preferences.
- You can chop capsicum into thick cubes or small cubes or even thin long strips, it totally depends on you.
- If you want more gravy , once when you add water at that time dilute 1 or 1 and half tbsp cornflour, to 1.5 cup water and add to the gravy, adjust the seasonings and hotness once the gravy turns thick.
- You can skip chopped onions if you adding cornflour, for more gravy .
- Do not add fish , when the gravy is watery , make sure you add them once the gravy starts thickening or else the fish pieces will become soggy.
- You can replace the fish with paneer, for that procedure will be same.
- You can replace fish with chicken , procedure shall be the same , just that increase the time of marination from an hour to 2-3 hours.
- If you preparing chilly schezwan chicken then you can either chop the boneless into cubes or thin stripped them, that totally depends on your preferences.
PREPARATION TIME : 30 - 40 Minutes.
SERVES : 3- 4 Persons.