Chicken tandoori in home made schezwan sauce
Chicken tandoori in schezwan style is one of my favourite dish, an appetizer , which is served with schezwan sauce, and the best part is , the sauce it self is so delicious that one does not need any green chutney to relish it, just tossing in schezwan sauce, ingdoes the trick.
A drooling Chicken tandoori that is served with schezwan sauce, am sure you will love it....as the recipe is delicious and best for those who want to have something different from just Tandoori chicken .
Here my recipe is a quick, easy and palatable schezwan sauce , which you can add in other cuisines or serve as condiments with chicken lollipops, chicken finger and so on. You can prepare this schezwan sauce in a large quantity and store in a tight container for further use .
Recipe of Chicken Tandoori in schezwan sauce in zulekha's style.....!
12 -15 whole red chillies
1 tbsp spoon vinegar
1/4 tsp soya sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
2-3 tbsp tomato sauce
7-8 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
2 tbsp oil
METHOD FOR SCHEZWAN SAUCE :
1. Soak whole red chillies for half and hour , break them into two pieces and deseed them. ( you won't be able to remove all the seeds , but try as much as you can , this will lessen the hotness )
2. Grind the chillies in a food processor with little water in which they were soaked and make a coarse paste .
3. In a pan or kadhai , drizzle oil, add ginger garlic and fry for a minute . ( keep on slow flame as they should not turn brown )
4. Now add the chilly paste and fry for a minute.
5. Add pepper powder ,
6. Add 1/2 tbsp vinegar ( later if you feel less you can add 1/ 2 tbsp more in the end to adjust the taste , as I added 1/2 tbsp later for my taste buds , but this depends on you )
7. Add soya sauce ,
8. Add 2-3 tbsp tomato sauce (add 2 tbsp , then later in the end, if you feel the need to adjust the taste, then add 1-2 tbsp more )
9. Fry until the oil separates, now add 3 -5 tbsp water. sprinkle salt, mix well and adjust the other seasonings too like vinegar and tomato sauce, fry until oil separates.
SCHEZWAN CHICKEN TANDOORI
1. Prepare chicken tandoori, as per this Link. http://www.zulekhaskitchen.com/2016/02/tandoori-chicken-recipe.html
2. Prepare schezwan sauce , and add 2 tbsp on each leg piece or toss the leg pieces in schezwan sauce and serve hot with salad , as this semi dry schezwan chicken tandoori, shall not need mint and coriander chutney but even if you do so here is the link ..... http://www.zulekhaskitchen.com/2014/07/recipe-of-coriander-mint-chutney.html
- You can double the ingredients, if you want in a good quantity.
- You can store the schezwan sauce in an air tight container , after making it in a good quantity.
- You can add this sauce in any Chinese dishes or Indian cuisine as per your preferences.
PREPARATION TIME : 15-20 Minutes.
SERVES : Sauce for 2 -3 leg pieces.