Recipe of Chicken Burger
Chicken Burger is a sandwich made of chicken patty in a bun, enclosed with other ingredients usually in a layers, like the base of bun bread , place a lettuce, then a thick layer of mayonnaise mixed with herbs and spices, then a slice of cheese , then the lip smacking chicken patty , lastly covered with the crown portion of the same bun after topped with tomato and onion rings.
Though there are many ways of making a patty for burger but my recipe consists of chicken pulsed into fine with the help of food processor and mixed with other herbs and spices , but this recipe has a small twist, I have added raw grated and finely chopped veggies, so that it goes well with the kids too.
My daughter loves burger , but the veggies inside doesn't go well with her sensibilities. Once my mind diverts, she slowly removes the veggies and have in a hurry so that her mom doesn't remind her about this no "veggie affair syndrome "
Thought of experimenting, because of her no veggies syndrome, now no more veggies out on my kids plate, as its inside the patty only...this recalls me, one of the best hindi qoute suiting my situation, " beti ser, toh maa sava ser" hahahah.....!
I am sure this issues many of you must be facing as a mother , so here's a solution add few veggies of your choice to your patty and serve your kid healthy snack.. !
250 gms chicken boneless
1/4 or 1/2 cup grated carrots
1/4 or 1/2 cup finely chopped capsicum
1 tsp chilly flakes
1/2 - 3/4 cup milk
2 cups fresh bread crumbs
1/2 onion finely chopped
1/4 tsp back pepper
2 tbsp olive oil / oil
5 - 6 tbsp mayonnaise
5 - 6 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp red chilly sauce
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1 - 2 tsp red chilly flakes
4 hamburger buns
mustard sauce ( optional)
tomato chopped into ring
4 slices cheddar
1. Clean, wash and chop chicken boneless into 1 inch cubes and grind it ( chicken cubes ) with olive oil/oil in a food processor or you can take finely mince chicken .
2. Now place the chicken in a large bowl, add milk, 1/8 cup bread crumbs, onions, red chilly flakes, grated carrots , chopped capsicum, black pepper, oil and salt . Mix everything well with the help of a spetula.
3. The mixture will be wet, but do not worry, start forming it into patties , divide the mixture into 3- 4 portions, and start forming into patties with the help of your hands, one by one, as a broad round thick patty. Now place the remaining bread crumbs in a plate, and coat each patties one by one, with bread crumbs.
4. Heat olive oil / oil in a pan, and fry the patties on medium flame until golden in colour.
5. Mix everything under sauce mixture section and keep aside.
6. Now slit the buns, into halves, crown and base. Toast both the portions for a minute on the griddle/ tawa.
7. Now place the base of bun in serving plate, add iceberg lettuce, then spread evenly 2 tbsp seasoned mayyonaise sauce mixture ,
8. Then slice of yummy cheese and again the seasoned mayyonaise sauce ( you can skip this sauce step , just keep a slice of cheese )
9. Place the lip smacking fried chicken patty on it, then apply 1 -2 tbsp mustard sauce evenly on the patty. ( you can skip this portion or you can add the same sauce prepared mixture, this totally depends on your taste and preference)
10. Lastly keep tomato slice and onion ring and cover it with the crown portion.
- You can even use finely chopped chicken mince or finely grinded chicken , both are perfectly fine .
- You can skip adding vegetables if you are not much into it or want only chicken patty .
- For kids the seasoned mayo sauce shall be spicy, you can add just tomato ketch up in mayonnaise sauce for your kids and apply on the burger.
- The arranging of burger totally depends on you , like if you want you can add in any order you like it.
- Adding of seasoned mayyonaise sauce and the quantity totally depends on you .
PREPARATION TIME: 40 - 45 Minutes.
SERVES: 4 Persons.