Chicken mince stuffed in chicken breast / Chicken Roulade
CHICKEN MINCE STUFFED IN CHICKEN BREAST or Chicken Roulade is a successful experiment by me which has a very different concept , an appealing appetizer in which chicken mince is sauteed in Chinese sauces and herbs , and then is rolled in chicken breast . Dipped in egg wash and coated evenly in breadcrumbs and is then deep fried in hot oil on slow flame until done.
I made this CHICKEN MINCE STUFFED IN CHICKEN BREAST almost 2 years back in " Ramadan " , but due do some other reason could not upload it. In fact I had made this appetizer in a different way , I had rolled in seasoned flour and then dipped in egg wash , then again coated the chicken breast in seasoned flour . This method gave a more crispier and crunchier coating .
Without much a do , here is my lip smacking and delectable Recipe of CHICKEN MINCE STUFFED IN CHICKEN BREAST ... !
150 gms chicken mince
200 -250 gms chicken breast
1 or 2 tbsp soya sauce
1/2 tbsp vinegar
1 or 2 tbsp chilly sauce
1 or 2 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp fish sauce ( optional )
1/4 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp mixed herbs
1/4 tsp paprika powder
1-2 finely chopped green chilies
1 onion finely chopped
4-5 cloves of garlic finely chopped
salt to taste
olive oil / oil
MIXTURE FOR COATING :
1 -2 cups of breadcrumbs
- Wash and drain chicken mince , keep aside. Take the whole chicken breast , clean , wash , drain and flatten the chicken breast by using a meat mallet or rolling pin to about 1/2 inch .Pat dry the chicken breast and keep aside .
- In a pan drizzle some olive oil / oil , add garlic and green chilies saute for a minute , now add onions chopped , fry until translucent.
- Now add chicken mince with soya sauce, chili sauce , vinegar , tomato sauce , Worcestershire sauce and fish sauce , mix everything well .
- Add paprika powder, pepper powder , salt and mixed herbs, saute and fry for a minute or two.
- 5.Cover and cook until the chicken is completely done , adjust the seasoning according to your taste and dry it .
- Now take the chicken breast piece, place the prepared mince in the middle.
- Carefully roll the chicken breast and its sides too and secure with toothpicks.
- Now beat eggs in a deep bowl where as in another bowl mix breadcrumbs with salt , paprika powder and mixed herb. Keep aside.
- Side by side heat oil in a deep pan.
- Dip the chicken stuffed breast in beaten eggs and then coat evenly in the bread crumbs mixture.
- Carefully place the chicken in hot oil , fry on low to medium flame until done or bake in pre heated oven for 40 -45 minutes.
- Once the chicken breast is done , drain on an absorbent paper, remove the tooth picks carefully , and cut the chicken stuffed into thick pieces .
- Serve hot with any kind of dip or you can make cheesy dip and pour over the chicken stuffed pieces.
- You can add grated cheese too, when you add prepared chicken mince in chicken breast.
- You can serve with cheesy dip too or pour the prepared cheesy dip over chicken stuffed pieces.
- If you want you can make more crispy coating , for that add 1/2 cup all purpose flour, 1/2 cup cornflour, 1/2 tsp baking soda powder , salt , paprika powder and mixed herbs mix well, keep aside. In another deep bowl add egg, salt and pepper,mix well and keep aside. Roll the chicken stuffed breast evenly in seasoned dry flour and then dip in the egg wash and then again coat evenly in the seasoned flour and place the chicken in the hot oil , deep fry it until crisp and completely done on low flame. Cut into thick pieces or just cut the chicken breast from the center , pour cheesy prepared sauce/ dip or serve hot with your choice of dip.
- Adjust the spice according to your preferences.
- You can add red chilly powder, if you do not have paprika powder.
PREPARATION TIME : 1 HOUR
SERVES : 2 PERSONS.