Chicken Tikka Pizza Pin Wheels
CHICKEN TIKKA PIZZA PIN WHEELS are scrumptious pieces of pizza , as they are prepared, and then chopped into 2 inch thick pieces after rolling tightly . This pizza is so good with spicy chicken tikkas and grilled veggies , that I am sure you cannot eat just one. The best thing is preparing the dough and chicken tikkas at home makes these pin wheels more special , as lots of effort go in making it . The whole process of kneading the dough till making the chicken tikkas pin wheel is lot of fun.I am sure you gonna enjoy it too, the way I did .
Actually what I did was when I wanted to prepare these scrumptious pizza pin wheels , I prepared the dough and marinated the chicken a day before , so that it doesn't be tiring for me , you can do the same if you alone like me who doesn't have a helper for cooking .
This is my first attempt though , but they turned out pretty much tastier as what I had thought so. These pin wheels are super tempting and to die for , you don't trust me ? better try these scrumptious beauty , I am sure you will love them. Here is my take on Chicken Tikka Pizza Pin Wheels.
200 gm chicken tikka pieces
Pizza sauce ( store bought or home made)
1 capsicum chopped into small cube
1 onion chopped into small cube
shredded mozzarella cheese ( you can use any other cheese too )
Jalapeno pepper rings ( optional )
Black pitted olives ( optional )
2 cups flour
1/2 cup semolina
1 tsp sugar ( powdered)
1 tsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
FOR CHICKEN TIKKAS
200 gms chicken boneless
1 tsp red chilly powder
2 tsp tandoori powder
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp garam masala powder
3-4 tbsp curd
1/8 tsp cumin powder
1-2 tbsp oil
pinch red colour ( optional)
- Clean , wash and chop boneless chicken into small to medium piece , and marinate it with all the ingredients placed under chicken tikkas section for 2-3 hours or preferably over night .
- In a non stick pan , drizzle some oil and fry the chicken on medium flame for 5 minutes , flip and fry for another 2-3 minutes or until the water has dried up. On the other hand red hot a coal, keep the coal in a small steel bowl , place in between the chicken pieces and drizzle some ghee , oil or butter , close the lid immediately .After few minutes , add onions and capsicum cubes too in the chicken , ( so that the veggies become flavorful ) , now weave chicken with capsicum and onion cubes alternatively , and grill on gas , charcoal or in oven for 3-5 minutes. ( do baste the weaved chicken , onions and capsicum with butter )
- If you want you can skip this above step , if you grilling the chicken in oven .
- Sieve flour in a large bowl , add semolina, salt , sugar . Mix and keep aside.
- In one cup warm water add active yeast , let it rest for 10 minutes , once they become foamy , pour over flour mixture and knead soft dough by adding more water if needed ( do not panic if the dough becomes sticky ). Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap , set aside until the dough has double, about an hour.
- Roll out the dough preferably rectangular in shape, spread the pizza sauce evenly leaving one inch space on all sides so that when you roll , the sauce will drip out from the sides.
- Now add the grilled chicken , grilled onions and capsicum, jalapeno and pitted black olives and top it with loads of shredded cheese.
- Now start rolling from one end as tightly as you can and when you reach at the end pinch the ends with your fingers.
- Cut it in 2 inch pieces with a sharp knife.
- Place each piece gently into sprinkled semolina muffin tray. ( do not forget to grease the base of muffin slots with oil ) .
- Bake for 20 minutes in preheated oven at 180 degree C.
- Serve hot with some ketchup , chilly sauce or other sauce you like.
FOR REFERENCE SEE THE BELOW PICS...!
- You can replace chicken with paneer or you can add only veggies , it depends on you. If you adding paneer instead of chicken , no need to keep over night , marinate paneer just for 2-3 hours , rest procedure is the same.
- You can grill the chicken in oven directly instead of sauteing in non stick pan, weave the chicken in skewers and grill in preheat oven at 180 degree C for 20 - 25 minutes or until the chicken is done completely . ( make sure you baste the chicken with butter before placing it in the oven ) In the half way , through remove from the oven , baste the chicken with butter again , turn the skewers and keep back in oven , until done.
SERVES : 12 PIECES.
PREPARATION TIME : Approximately 40 -45 Minutes.