Cheesy Chicken Sandwiches
CHEESY CHICKEN SANDWICHES are full of flavors and cheesy from inside. Its an apt appetizer for those who are chicken and cheese lovers . This recipe is created by me , as sometimes I do experiment and they turn out successful. As my hubby loves chicken , so I have to keep experimenting new dishes and appetizers for him , as he loves varieties. In fact when he had it , he loved the whole idea of chicken sandwiches and that cheese oozing out was just an icing on the cake .
CHEESY CHICKEN SANDWICH is a scrumptious , delectable deep fried starters , which is easy to make and tasty too. Here in this recipe I have chopped chicken into thin , long, broad strips , placed a broad , long , thin strip of cheese in between and closed with the approximately more or less same sized chicken piece , coated in seasoned flour , dipped in egg and then bread crumbs , and deep fried on slow to medium flame until golden and crisp .
Her is my recipe , which I named CHEESY CHICKEN SANDWICHES as they are , just try it out , you will definetely love this easy recipe , apt for kids too. You can even serve your guests as they will be in love with these cheesy , lip smacking and yummy chicken starter.
250 gms boneless chicken
1/4 tsp onion powder
1 -2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp red chilly powder or paprika powder
1 small Britannia cheese block
1 tbsp hot sauce ( optional )
2 cups butter milk
2 cups bread crumbs
Flour Mixture :
1 and half cup all purpose flour
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp mixed herbs
1-2 tsp paprika powder / red chilly powder
- Wash , clean and chop boneless chicken into long, broad, thin rectangular shape . ( do not panic if the chicken pieces are not exact in length and broadness , it should be more or less equal size ) Marinate these chicken pieces in butter milk , preferably over night .
- Drain , wash and pat dry the chicken pieces , marinate with salt , mixed herbs , onion powder, garlic powder and red chilly powder/ paprika powder for 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, now by the time oil is getting hot , in a large bowl add flour , onion powder , garlic powder, mixed herbs , salt and paprika powder , mix and keep aside .
- Slice the freeze cheese block approximately into chicken size , make sure you keep it little smaller in length and in broadness too as compared to chicken pieces . ( slice of the cheese should also be long and thin )
- In another bowl whisk egg by adding hot sauce and salt .
- In another large bowl , add bread crumbs and keep all these ready and handy too.
- Now when the oil pan is hot, slow down the flame, take one piece of spiced chicken keep cheese slice in between now place another chicken piece ( approximately more or less same length ) .
- Carefully place the chicken sandwich in flour mix and coat evenly , then gently dip in egg mixture and lastly coat evenly in bread crumbs.
- Slowly place these each chicken sandwich in the hot oil , one by one and fry on low to medium heat until crisp and golden. ( make sure you fry in batches and not add too many of them )
- Serve hot with red chilly chutney or any other sauce or dip you like.
- Do not panic if your chicken length and broadness aren't equal in size , if either piece is small or long , that is ok as boneless chicken do not come of exact sizes.
- Take the boneless chicken and chop the whole 250 gms into a rectangular shape , in this case you will not be able to use those extra side cut outs , preserve that for any other dish , and then make long , thin , broad rectangular pieces out of that thick one piece boneless chicken.
SERVES : 2 Persons.