Cheesy Garlic bread / Stuffed Garlic Breadsticks
Cheesy Garlic Bread or Stuffed Garlic Breadstick is a scrumptious and delectable snack , which is loaded with 2 types of cheese that oozes out after its baked . In fact there are variations too , you can make only garlic bread too without corns and jalapeno . Stuffed Garlic Bread is not only liked by
young people but it is kids favourite too . In this recipe a dough is risen by yeast concoction , then rolled into a round shape , and is baked with cheese , corns and spices . This is one of my most favorite appetizer to be served with evening tea.
Without much ado , here is my Recipe of Cheesy Garlic Bread / Stuffed Garlic BreadsticksINGREDIENTS :
1/2 tsp dry active yeast
1/2 cup water
1 small tsp sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
5 -6 cloves of garlic crushed
2 tbsp semolina or corn meal
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp chilly flakes
1/2 tsp mixed herbs
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
2-3 tbsp boiled american corns ( optional )
1-2 jalapeno chopped ( optional )
1/2 cup grated processed cheese
1-2 tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 small tsp dry mango powder
1 tsp chilly flakes
1/2 small tsp onion powder
1/2 small tsp garlic powder
1/4 small tsp black pepper powder
1/4 tsp mixed herbs
1/4 tsp rosemary
1 tsp red chilly powder
butter for glaze
- In a bowl add yeast , now add warm water and sugar in it , , mix well . Keep aside for 10 minutes till the yeast is bubbly and active.
- In a large bowl add all purpose flour , crushed garlic , salt , and mix well.
- Now make a well in the middle of the flour mixture and add refined oil followed by the concoction of yeast in it and knead the dough properly with your hands for around 3-5 minutes , if needed add more water.
- In between add mixed herbs , onion powder , chilly flakes and garlic powder , under the INGREDIENTS SECTION.
- Now place this dough on flat surface and keep kneading for more 4-5 minutes .
- Transfer the dough in a greased oil bowl , cover the bowl with a cling film and keep in a warm place for an hour or until the dough doubles.
- Now crush all the ingredients under DRY MASALA SECTION and keep aside .
- Take your dough out from the bowl , and knead it again.
- Take some semolina / corn meal , spread on the flat surface and knead the dough well again for around 4-5 minutes more.
- Now take the rolling pin and roll the dough into a thick round shape on a semolina dusted surface , spread mayonnaise on the half side only as the other half has to be folded on it .
- Now add grated processed cheese , few boiled corns , chopped jalapenos if you are adding , then sprinkle some dry masala powder ( optional ) , now add again processed cheese , and lastly mozzarella cheese .
- Fold the dough base and secure the sides properly , you can apply some water too at the ends .( Here the shape will look like a semi circle )
- Take the melted butter and brush it on the fold area and on the edges too.
- Make small slits of about an inch on the base ( dough ) with the help of a knife and sprinkle some dry masala on it.
- Keep the base on a butter greased baking tray and bake it in a preheated oven at 200 degree C for 20 -25 minutes or until its well baked.
- After you remove carefully from the oven , wait for 10 minutes, slice and serve your stuffed garlic bread .
If you do not want to add chilly flakes ,mixed herbs , onion powder and garlic powder , while kneading the dough then skip it .
PREPARATION TIME : 35 -40 MINUTES APPROXIMATELY ( + 1 HOUR RISING TIME )
SERVES : 2 PERSONS.
If you like my recipes please do recommend to your many and friends .Feel free to comment in comments section below.