ROSE CHICKEN is a super tempting appetizer, served as a snack . In this recipe chicken filling is made , how ever you can make your own filling be it veg or non veg , then wrap in a rose shape and bake these beauties . When I saw these Roses in one of my friend gloria fernandes's blog ,the next thing I knew was to make them with my chicken filling. In fact I have made these , many times but could not put up on my blog , so here is my recipe of rose chicken inspired by my friend's technique.
FOR FILLING CLICK HERE
FOR DOUGH :
2 cups flour
1.5 tsp powdered sugar
salt to taste
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup milk
2 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil
- In warm water add sugar , mix and dissolve yeast in it ,let it rest for 10 minutes .
- In a large bowl sieve flour , add salt , mix well , add yeast mixture to it and start kneading with warm milk.
- Knead it into a soft and elastic dough , by adding butter to it.
- In a large bowl , grease with oil and cover the bowl with cling wrap , set aside for an hour or till it doubles in size.
- Once it has doubled , punch the dough and knead again for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into small equal balls.
- Roll it into a small chapati with the help of a rolling pin.
- Make four cuts diagonally opposite , and place the chicken filling in the centre and add some shredded cheese too.
- Take one portion of the rolled chapati out of four , and cover the side of filling with it.
- Take the opposite side's section and cover the other side of the filling with it.
- Repeat with the rest 2 sections and complete the rose shape ..
- Brush with egg wash or butter and sprinkle some sesame seeds.
- Pre heat the oven for 10 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Place the Rose rolls on a greased parchment tray and bake for 20 minutes at 180 degree C.
- Serve hot these beauties with any kind of chutney you like .
You can replace with any kind of filling of your choice be it veg or non veg.
PREPARATION TIME : Approximately 50 minutes.
SERVES : 3-4 PERSONS.
IF YOU LIKE MY RECIPE SHARE THE LINK WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS.
FEEL FREE TO COMMENT IN COMMENTS SECTION.