Tandoori Chicken Lollipops
TANDOORI CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS are guilt free, light to have and yet tasty too. As the name says it all , the chicken lollipops are marinated in tandori masala with other spices and grilled in oven or cooked in frying pan with just a few drops of oil and then baste with butter and is grilled on gas to give that grilling effect . I just simply loved this idea when I had it , few months back in one of the restaurants where they served us chicken platter . I instantly loved the idea and thought to in corporate it when I make chicken lollipops.
Though here I have served with home made red chilly chutney but you can serve with home made schezwan chutney too , as it totally depends on you . Without much a do , here is my recipe of TANDOORI CHICKEN LOLLIPOPS .
1/2 kg chicken lollipops
3 tbsp thick curd
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1-2 tsp red chilly powder
1 small tsp cumin powder
1 small tsp whole garam masala powder
2 tbsp tandoori masala
A pinch of red food colour ( optional )
2 tbsp clarified butter
2 tbsp oil + 2 tbsp oil
- Clean , wash and marinate chicken with salt, red chilly powder , curd , cumin powder , garam masala powder , ginger garlic paste , tandoori masala and food color ( if you adding it ) for 4-5 hours or preferably over night . ( I make sure to marinate it a night before I want to prepare )
- In this step you can grill on charcoal or grill in pre heat oven at 180 degree C for 30 to 35 Minutes ( do make sure you baste the chicken with butter before adding and in the mid way remove from oven , baste with butter, flip and keep in the oven again until done ) If you feel the chicken is yet to be done then keep for more 10 minutes ( time may vary from the above mentioned time, as it shall depend on your oven) OR
- In a fry pan add 2 tbsp oil , add the chicken lollipops and cook on high flame until the masala has dried up. Off the gas.
- Side by side heat a coal ,and place it in a small bowl and keep in between the lollipops , add ghee butter/oil and cover with a lid immediately to give a smoky flavor.
- Now baste each lollipops with butter and grill on gas directly on small barbecue grill net , carefully keep moving at intervals and keep basting with butter to get that grilled effect .
- Cover the base portion of each lollipops with a small piece of foil to look attractive and can be hold while eating. ( optional step )
- Serve hot with home made red chilly chutney ( http://www.zulekhaskitchen.com/2017/06/red-chilly-chutney-recipe.html ) or home made schezwan chutney ( http://www.zulekhaskitchen.com/2016/02/home-made-chicken-tandoori.html )
- If you frying the lollipops in fry pan , then at the time of grilling on gas keep basting with butter so that it doesn't dry up .
- If you grilling the chicken in oven , then it may take 30-35 minutes or more than that as it depends on your oven too .
SERVES : 3-4 PERSONS .
PREPARATION TIME : 30 Minutes. ( excluding marination time )