Chicken Seekh Kabbabs ( Keto Recipe )
CHICKEN SEEKH KEBABS are exceptionally delicious and tempting too . As I was craving for good Indian food during my keto Diet , I somehow felt that I can make chicken kebabs too when I calculated the amount of carbs in it . A lip smacking and tongue tickling dish , is here for you all to taste.In fact if you are not following any kind of diet and is tempted to make Chicken Seekh kebabs then just add 2 tbsp tandoori masala at the time of marination . Mix well and follow the the same procedure till the kebabs are ready .Enjoy with crispy onion rings and coriander chutney ( click here for recipe ) or mayo mint dip ( click here for recipe ) .Here is my recipe of lip smacking seekh kebabs ...
500 gms chicken mince
1 tsp red kashmiri chilly powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/2 tsp cumin freshly roasted and powdered
1/2 tsp chaat masala ( optional )
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 small finely chopped onion
2 -3 green chillies
4-5 tbsp coriander leaves
2 tbsp Butter
2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Clean , wash and drain chicken mince , now squeeze it lightly ( very lightly ) and marinate it with salt , red chilly powder , garam masala powder , cumin powder , ginger garlic paste , finely chopped coriander leaves and crushed green chillies . Mix everything well and marinate it for 3-4 hours .
- Add finely chopped onion , mix well , adjust salt . Divide the chicken mixture into equal parts ,side by side in a non stick pan , drizzle some extra virgin olive oil , with your moist hands give each chicken mince portion , kebab shape over skewer and slowly shift the chicken mince from the skewer and place it in the pan . Again take one portion of mince mixture and shape it like kebabs on skewer , slowly shift the chicken mince from the skewer and place in the pan . Drop 3-4 kebabs at one time and fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame , flip and fry the other side too . Now when all the sides are grilled and chicken kebabs are completely done.
- Transfer them into serving plate and repeat the process for the remaining mince mixture and grill in batches.
- Grill the chicken mince in oven , once you have divided into equal portions , with the moist hands shape each portion on skewers into kebab shape , baste with little butter and grill . Preheat the oven to 200 Degree C and cook the kebabs for 15 -20 minutes .
- Barbeque them , but make sure you baste them with some butter at regular intervals .
- Serve hot with crisp onion rings and mayo mint dip.
TOTAL CARBS :
Chicken boneless ( breast portion )-
red chilly powder - 2. 84 g
4 tbsp coriander leaves - 0 .1 g
1/2 tsp cumin powder - 0.47 g
1/2 tsp Garam masala powder - 1 g
2 Green chilies - 0 g
1 small onion - 7 g
Extra virgin olive oil - 0 g
Butter - 0 g
- You can grind the chicken mince in food processor , if you want for more fine chicken mince , I always prefer keeping it as mince and not fine one .
- If you are making the chicken mince with the same mince and with not too fine one then ask your butcher to chop it into fine mince as much as he can.
- In fact if you are not following any kind of diet and is tempted to make Chicken Seekh kebabs then just add 2 tbsp tandoori masala at the time of marination . Mix well and follow the the same procedure till the kebabs are ready .Enjoy with crispy onion rings and coriander chutney or mayo mint dip .
- If you are not following any diet then you can do red hot coal Dungar. For this once you have added all the ingredients , make a coal , red hot . Make a well in the middle of chicken mince mixture , place a small piece of foil paper , keep the red hot coal on it and pour some oil over it , cover the lid immediately. After half and hour discard the coal and foil paper and shape chicken mince into kababs. ( I always make sure to do this step for my kababs for more delicious taste )
- Increase or decrease the red chilly powder as per your preferences.
- Increase or decrease the green chillies as per your preferences.
SERVES : 4 PERSON.