Tawa Masala Prawns / Pan Fried Prawns
Prawns Tawa Masala/Pan Fried Prawns is easy , lip smacking and soft with authentic flavor .In this Recipe of mine , prawns are just marinated with few ingredients and then pan fried on high flame until the prawns are cooked.
As coming from machiwala background , we have a habit of cleaning them quickly , as I still remember before my marriage , dad or uncle's used to send 1-2 kg prawns every alternate day for cooking them in lunch . So had to shell out quickly as we had a joint family , and it was fun to do so . At times peeled ones were also been send home , as per their convenience . Coming back to Prawns Tawa Masala/Pan Fried Prawns , when you have unpeeled prawns , then please mind it while peeling it or you might hurt your fingers.
Here is my Recipe of easy , peasy Prawns Tawa Masala / Pan fried prawns.
Two bowl fresh prawns ( peeled OR unpeeled )
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp red chilly powder
coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take few big prawns , you can take peeled ones too.
- Twist and pull the head of each prawns (make sure you go easy , as they too pointed and so you can hurt yourself )
- Now pull the tail off , and then remove the whole shell from each prawns . ( its time consuming , so you can use peeled ones too)
- These are 2 bowl of water one has clean prawns and in the other one need to devein it .
- To devein it slit slightly from head to tail .
- Just remove the dark vein and keep in another bowl . Repeat the process with all the shrimps.
- Wash thoroughly and keep them aside .
- In a bowl place all the cleaned and washed prawns , add salt , ginger garlic paste and red chilly powder . Marinate for half an hour .
- In a pan heat oil , add the prawns and fry on high flames .
- Turn off the gas once the water has dried up , as till then the prawns would be done too . Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- If the prawns are fresh, they are more testier .
- Make sure you have taken big prawns and not the tiny ones for this recipe.
- Do not cook for long time as it may make prawns hard .
- Best if the recipe is made of big prawns or jumbo prawns .
PREPARATION TIME : 15 MINUTES.
SERVES : 2 PERSONS.
OTHER PRAWNS RECIPE:
1. Lemon Shrimps ( click here for the Recipe )