Prawns in home made schezwan sauce / Schezwan Prawns
Schezwan Shrimps are delectable and tongue ticking appetizer , though a bit spicy , the schezwan sauce is made at home , Here my recipe is a quick, easy and palatable schezwan sauce , which you can add in other cuisines or serve as condiments with chicken lollipops, chicken finger and so on. You can prepare this schezwan sauce in a large quantity and store in a tight container for further use .
You can prepare chicken schezwan too with this sauce. Here is the recipe of shrimps in schezwan sauce.
INGREDIENTS FOR SCHEZWAN SAUCE :
12 -15 whole red chillies
1 tbsp spoon vinegar
1/4 tsp soya sauce
1/2 tsp black pepper powder
2-3 tbsp tomato sauce
7-8 cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
2 tbsp oil
OTHER INGREDIENTS :
250 gms big shrimps ( peeled )
1 tsp red chilly powder
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 green capsicum ( chopped into cube shaped )
4-5 spring onion bulbs (each chopped into 2 )
4-5 spring onion greens ( stem ) ( finely chopped )
1 tbsp olive oil / vegetable oil / butter
METHOD FOR SCHEZWAN SAUCE :
1. Soak whole red chillies for half and hour , break them into two pieces and deseed them. ( you won't be able to remove all the seeds , but try as much as you can , this will lessen the hotness )
3. Grind the chillies in a food processor with little water in which they were soaked and make a coarse paste .
4. In a pan or kadhai , drizzle oil, add ginger garlic and fry for a minute . ( keep on slow flame as they should not turn brown )
5. Now add the chilly paste and fry for a minute.
6. Add pepper powder ,
7. Add 1/2 tbsp vinegar ( later if you feel less you can add 1/ 2 tbsp more in the end to adjust the taste , as I added 1/2 tbsp later for my taste buds , but this depends on you )
8. Add soya sauce ,
9. Add 2-3 tbsp tomato sauce (add 2 tbsp , then later in the end, if you feel the need to adjust the taste, then add 1-2 tbsp more )
10. Fry until the oil separates, now add 3 -5 tbsp water. sprinkle salt, mix well and adjust the other seasonings too like vinegar and tomato sauce, fry until oil separates.
11. Side by side in another pan , drizzle some olive oil / vegetable oil/ /butter and fry the prawns until the water has dried up , off the gas.
Add 2 tbsp cornflour to the marinated prawns , mix well and deep fry them in batches in hot oil until golden . Drain and keep on an absorbent paper.
12. Add the green cube shaped capsicum , spring onion bulbs and the prawns to the prepared schezwan gravy. Mix well, adjust tomato sauce , salt and sugar if needed .Simmer for half a minute , off the gas.
13. Garnish with spring onion greens and serve hot. (Recipe by Zulekha Arafat )
- If you feel its spicy then add tomato sauce more to adjust the hotness.
- If you want you can deep fry the prawns or pan fry them , both are fine , it totally depends on you.
PREPARATION TIME : 15 - 20MINUTES.
SERVES : 3 PERSONS.
OTHER PRAWNS RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE :
1. Pan Fried Prawns/ Tawa Masala Prawns. ( click here for the recipe )
2. Lemon Prawns .( click here for the recipe )
3. Butter Garlic Prawns . ( click here for the recipe )