Thread Chicken Recipe
Thread Chicken is one of my favorite and age old recipe. In this recipe I marinate chicken strips for few hours and then bind it with eggs , cornflour , all purpose flour and roll the marinated chicken in samosa patti strips and then deep fry them until they turn crispy and golden in colour. Thread Chicken is best when served with schezwan sauce ( click here for recipe)
This method of rolling in samosa patti has changed over the years and replaced by ready made thread like ingredient , called "THREADS " for thread chicken which is easily available in market to be rolled with , but I still prefer my 20 years old , method of chopping the samosa pattis into thin strips and rolling the chicken into it and then deep frying them into crispy Thread chicken.
For biding too , I have made it very easy , nor do I use egg nor all purpose flour , just cornflour and roll in samosa strips and deep fry them.
Here is my easy , peasy , quick recipe of Thread Chicken, I am sure you will love it..!
- 250 gms boneless chicken
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp black Pepper
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 2 tbsp soya
- 2-3 tbsp chilly sauce
- 2-3 tbsp cornflour
- samosa pattis
- Oil for frying
- Clean , wash and chop chicken boneless into long strips and marinate with salt , black pepper powder , ginger garlic paste , red chilly sauce , vinegar , soya sauce for 2-3 hours.
- Chop at a time , 2 -3 samosa pattis into thin strip .Repeat the process until you have appropriate amount to roll into.
- Heat oil in kadhai , once the oil is hot slow down the gas flame .
- Add cornflour to the marinated chicken , mix everything well , adjust the sauces if needed and roll each piece into samosa patti strips .
- Slowly place the rolled chicken piece in oil , take another marinated chicken piece and roll in samosa patti strips and place in hot oil.
- Fry few at a time in batches on medium flame until the chicken is done and samosa patti strips turns golden in color.
- Drain on an absorbent paper , repeat the process for all the marinated chicken pieces.
- Serve hot with schezwan sauce ( Click here for recipe )or any other kind of sauce you like.
- You can use threads instead of samosa strips which is easily available in market.
- Hold the samosa patti , horizontally ( assuming it to be long portion ) , now with the help of scissors chop the pattis vertically, the short portion into thin strips .
- You can use frozen samosa pattis too.
COURSE : Appetizer , snacks.
PREPARATION TIME : 15 minutes (extra time for marination)
COOKING TIME : 15 - 20 minutes.
TOTAL TIME : 30 -40 Minutes ( extra time for marination )
SERVES : 3 - 4 Persons.
IF YOU LIKE MY RECIPE , PLEASE FORWARD THE RECIPE LINK TO YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. FEEL FREE TO LIKE AND COMMENT IN THE COMMENTS SECTION BELOW.