Chicken Seekh Kabab Masala
Chicken Seekh Kabab Masala is a lip smacking and delectable Main course to be served with lachedar paranthas or tandoori Naans or kulchas .In this Recipe I have prepared chicken seekh kababs and then have added them into a thick tongue tickling non creamy gravy.
I have been having Chicken Seekh Kabab Masala in one of the famous restaurant in mumbai surburbs named BBC for a while now , and since then I wanted to try my hands on this delicious Recipe . As I have ordered this gravy so many times that I started guessing the Ingredients , and finally today prepared it. Here is my Recipe of Chicken Seekh Kabab Masala , I am sure you will like it.. !
INGREDIENTS : ( Recipe By Zulekha Arafat )
4 -6 chicken seekh kebabs
2- 3 onions finely chopped
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
2 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp kashmiri red chilly powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 cup curd /yoghurt
3-4 black pepper corns
1 stick cinamon
2 green cardamom
1 bay leaf
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
Few chopped coriander leaves
METHOD : (Recipe By Zulekha Arafat )
- Prepare chicken seekh kababs , for recipe follow the link ( Click here for recipe ) . ( I have prepared my chicken seekh kababs , by following the same above mentioned link . Just a few addition I have done is , blending chicken mince (keema ) into food processor and have added tandoori masala too with few chopped mint leaves. )
- In a non stick pan , heat some oil and add bay leaves , cumin seeds , cinnamon stick , cloves , green cardamom , black pepper corns . Let it splutter.
- Add finely chopped onions and fry until golden in colour.
- Side by side , blend the tomatoes into food processor and make a smooth fine paste. ( Here in this step if you want you can add the prepared golden fried onions , just drain the above fried onions and add to the blender with tomatoes to make a smooth paste . By blending onions and tomatoes , both together your gravy further will have a smooth texture. But here in my gravy I have not blended them together as i am following that Restaurant style , but you can follow either of them ).
- Add tomato paste and keep on low flame until the tomato juice has half dried up.
- Now add salt , red chilly powder and coriander powder and roast on low flame until oil separates.
- Add 1/2 cup water and roast again on low flame until oil separates.
- Now add beaten curd , mix well and keep on low flame for more 5-7 minutes .
- Add 1 or 1 and half cup warm water , add the chicken seekh kababs one by one ( do not stir , just mix lightly by shaking the pan ) and sprinkle some garam masala powder. Let it simmer for 5 -7 minutes. Off the gas.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with Butter Naan , kulchas or Lachedar parantha.
NOTE : ( Recipe By Zulekha Arafat )
- You can chop the prepared chicken seekh into half and add to the gravy or you can add the whole long piece depending upon your preferences , both are fine.
- You can either prepare chicken or mutton seekh kababs at home or you can add store brought , both are fine depending on your convenience .
- You can make Mutton Seekh Kabab Masala instead of Chicken Seekh Kabab Masala.
- Increase or decrease the number of tsp of red chilly powder as per your preferences.
- Here is the link of chicken seekh kabab. ( Click here for recipe )
- Here is the link of lachedar/flaky / layered parantha . ( Click here for recipe )
COOKING TIME : 35 - 45 Minutes.
PREPARATION TIME : 15 Minutes.
TOTAL TIME : 50 - 60 Minutes.
SERVES : 4 Persons.