Recipe of Namkin Rawa ( Semolina )
Semolina (Rawa /Sooji /Suji ) is typically made as a dessert , but here in my Recipe its spicy and delicious quick evening snack served during Tea time.
This recipe I have been making since past 15 years now and I simply love it during tea time or in my breakfast . If you do not want to add potatoes then skip it , but I would suggest you to add it, as it tastes really good with potatoes.
Here is my quick , easy , peasy recipe of Namkin Rawa .
INGREDIENTS : ( Recipe By Zulekha Arafat)
- 1/2 cup Semolina ( Rawa / Suji )
- 2 green chillies chopped
- Few curry leaves
- 1/8 mustard seeds
- 1/8 cumin seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1/2 or 1 small potato finely chopped
- Chopped coriander leaves for Garnishing
- Salt to taste
METHOD : ( Recipe By Zulekha Arafat )
- In a non stick pan , heat oil , add cumin seeds and mustard seeds . Let it splutter.
- Add few curry leaves and green chillies with finely chopped onions .
- After a minute add finely chopped potatoes and fry on medium flame until onions turn translucent . ( If you do not want to add potatoes , then skip this step .In fact in this step , I add finely chopped potatoes just after onions , as the potatoes are finely chopped , they are almost done in this step , so later at the time of simmer , you do not need to keep for long )
- Add Rawa ,salt and roast for half a minute.
- Now add 1 cup water and let it simmer on low flame for 5-7 minutes or until the water has dried up. ( Just check if potatoes are done fully if not then sprinkle some more 1/2 cup water and let it simmer for more 5-6 minutes .)
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Transfer in a serving bowl and squeeze some lime juice over it .Serve hot.
NOTE : ( Recipe By Zulekha Arafat )
- Increase or decrease the number of chopped green chillies as per your preferences.
- If you do not like potatoes then you can skip it.
PREPARATION TIME : 5-7 Minutes.
COOKING TIME : 15 Minutes .
TOTAL TIME : 20 -22 Minutes.
SERVES : 2 Persons.