Recipe of Burger Buns / Hot dog Buns
Home made Burger Buns are easy to make , they surely take time , say about 3 - 4 hours , but trust me once you make at home you will always keep making them . You can make burger buns and hot dogs too out of the same recipe . Here is my recipe of Burger Buns .
3 & 1/2 cups all purpose flour ( maida )
4 tbsp sugar ( 1/4 cup sugar )
1 tbsp instant yeast
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup - 1 cup water
1 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
2 tbsp melted butter
1 tbsp egg mixture
1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. In a sauce pan , heat milk , water and butter together and make it very warm. In another large bowl , add half all purpose flour , salt , yeast and sugar . Mix well . Now add the milk mixture into the flour with an egg . Start kneading the dough , in between keep adding the rest of the remaining dry flour and make a soft dough .
2. Transfer dough on the flat surface , sprinkle some dry flour , and knead well into soft dough for about 8 - 10 minutes .
3. Transfer the dough into a glass bowl , cover with the cling film and keep in a warm , dry place for 1-2 hours or until the dough has doubled . ( here make sure you keep the dough until the dough rises as this may vary as in winter's dough may take time to rise where as in summer it may rise quickly or may other conditions so better keep until the dough has doubled )
4. Transfer the dough on flat surface and deflate it . Divide into 2 equal parts and then each part into more 4 parts , so now you will have total 8 balls of dough . Shape each piece lightly into a round ball .
5. Place the buns on a lightly greased baking tray and flatten each buns lightly .
Cover with kitchen towel and let it rise for about an hour until doubled . Brush the buns with egg wash and sprinkle some seasame seeds .
6. Bake the buns in pre heat over at 180 Degrees for about 15 minutes or until golden .
7. Remove them from oven and keep on rack . Apply melted butter for that glaze and sheen on it . Let the buns cool on a rack .
- I preserved 1 tbsp egg wash before adding to the dough , so you can do that too .
- Egg wash will give a darker crust and brushing with melted butter will give a soft , light golden crust , so it depends on you which way you want . Either brush with egg wash or with melted butter , depending on your preferences .
- You do not wish buns with seeds then do not sprinkle seasome seeds on buns .
- I made mini burger buns with the same recipe , like instead of large 8 buns i made 12 mini burger buns . Divide into 12 equal parts for mini burger buns .
- Make sure you let the dough rise double as the time may vary , depending upon the way the dough has been kneaded or depending on yeast added to the dough or may be the environmental conditions , so do not always go with the time mentioned instead let it rise double .
PREPARATION TIME : 20 Minutes .
COOKING TIME : 10 -15 Minutes .
SERVES : 8 Persons .