Red Saucy Mayo Pasta / Pasta
Red Saucy Mayo Pasta has a creamy texture , which has delicious taste and is delectable too .Though usually pasta is , specially the red one is made with tomato base , but as my hubby is not too fond of tomato based gravies , I twisted this recipe by making white sauce and then adding mayo sauce mixture of my Chicken Burger Recipe .
As this was an experiment , I had the remaining sauce mixture of my Chicken Burger Recipe, which I wanted to utilize in any of my recipe , so thought to add to the pasta and make a different taste altogether . And trust me the taste turned out to be so delicious , that my daughter insisted to make this version when ever Pasta is being made. Here is my Recipe of Red Saucy Mayo Pasta ...
1 and half cup pasta
1 1/2 tbsp all purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/8 tsp dry basil leaves
2-3 tbsp butter
1 cup cheese grated
5 - 6 tbsp mayonnaise
5 - 6 tbsp ketchup
2 tbsp red chilly sauce
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp oregano
1 - 2 tsp red chilly flakes
- Mix everything under sauce mixture section and keep aside .
- Boil 4-5 large cups of water with salt , add pasta and cook till al dente .
- Drain and keep aside .
- Side by side in a deep pan , add butter and all purpose flour , roast for about 1-2 minutes and now slowly add some milk ( not all at one time ) , stir continuously so that no lumps formed .
- Keep stirring for sometime , in fact with the help of your spatula (back side ) , press the lumps if any so that they become creamy and no lumps formed .
- Once the mixture becomes creamy add the " sauce mixture " and cooked pasta .
- Mix everything well , add 1 cup of water and cook until the pasta is cooked thoroughly .
- Add 1/2 cup cheese grated and simmer for 2 minutes .
- Serve hot and top some grated cheese , sprinkle some red chilly flakes , dried mixed herbs & dry basil leaves .
- You can decrease the amount of tomato sauce and increase the amount of chilly as per your preference or vise versa .
- I did not add vegetables as my kid is not found of it , but you can add boiled corns , chopped green / red / yellow capsicum , chopped broccoli , zucchini or any other interesting veggies as per your preferences .
- If you want to add the veggies add at the time when you add boiled macaroni / pasta to the gravy.
- If you want to prepare just one portion and running out of time then you can just boil pasta , drain and keep aside . In a pan , add the ingredients mentioned under " sauce section " with the pasta and vegetables of your choice , adjust the spice as per your taste , add grated cheese . Simmer for 2 -3 minutes or until the pasta is done . Serve hot with some grated cheese on top and sprinkle some chilly flakes , dried herbs and dry basil leaves .
PREPARATION TIME : 15 MINUTES .
TOTAL TIME : 30 MINUTES .
SERVES : 2 Persons .