Recipe of Bhuna Gosht
Bhuna Gosht is a non creamy , delicious , and flavorful dish , served with parantha or naans with fresh salads . Basically Buna gosht has a thick gravy made out of onions , tomatoes and other spices , roasted in the oil to get that perfect taste . Well the name says it all , Bhuna means roast and gosht means mutton . The more you roast the spices with onions and Mutton pieces , the better it tastes .
The best way of cooking mutton meat , be it boneless or with bones is to cook by slow cooking method , in the thick gravy made out of onions and tomatoes and other spices roasted in oil . But if you are running late , then you can pre boil the mutton pieces in little water with some ginger garlic paste and salt . But I would suggest you to make by slow cooking method .
Here is the recipe of Bhuna Gosht .
500 gms lamb boneless meat
2 -3 green cardamom pods
2-3 pepper corns
2 black cardamom pods
1 Cinnamon stick ( small )
2-3 medium sized tomatoes
7-8 onions finely chopped
3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 -2 tsp red chilly powder
2-3 green chillies
1/4 cup curd
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
coriander leaves for garnishing
1/2 cup salli potato wafer
pinch of turmeric powder
salt to taste
- In a deep pan , drizzle oil and add all the whole spices , fry for half a second .
- Add chopped onions , fry until it turns translucent .
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell dissappears .
- Add mutton pieces ( make sure you chop the lamb's meat into small pieces ) and fry for a minute on high flame .
- Now add peeled and chopped tomatoes , salt , turmeric powder , coriander powder and red chilly powder .
- Stir and keep on low flame flame until the oil seperates .
- Now add 1 cup of water and keep on slow flame until the mutton has cooked . ( here in this step , mutton will take some time to cook , so in between keep a check on it and if needed add little water time to time so that it does not stick at the bottom )
- Off the gas , add curd and stir well .
- Turn on the gas and add chopped green chilies , cumin powder , garam masala powder .
- Mix well , let it simmer on low flame until oil separates .
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with fresh salads , onion rings
- and parathas or phulkas or butter naan or tandori naan .
- If you do not want to add chopped green chillies , skip it .
- Increase or decrease the number of chilly powder as per your preferences .
- If you are running late , boil the mutton pieces partially ( half cooked ) in cooker with salt and 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste , rest the procedure is same .
- Best if cooked with slow cooking method and not in cooker , the taste will enhance and give the dish a mesmerizing flavor .
- The cooking time may vary as it shall depend on your mutton quality , freshness , size of the mutton pieces and other conditions .
PREPARATION TIME : 50 -60 minutes .
SERVES : 3-4 Persons .