Lucknowi Chicken korma
Lucknowi Chicken Korma is full of flavors and is delectable in taste . This lip smacking Recipe is just too amazing and has all the ingredients that you will find on your kitchen rack . As we all are aware of the Lucknow's succulent and delicious dishes like Biryani 's , kebbabs , kormas , sheer mal , kofte and so on..... It is a must Recipe if you are a foodie by heart and love exploring new dishes .
Though me and my hubby , we both are by heart foodie person , so I keep on trying new recipes specially for him . Though I am not from Lucknow nor I have visited any time but just through some information and yes online recipes I picked up ideas and assumed that such would be the taste .
So here is my recipe from the Nawab's city Lucknow , that is what the city is addressed by , Lucknowi Chicken Korma .....I am sure you will like it .
- 1 kg chicken ( 8 - 10 pieces )
- net meg
- 2 -3 green cardamom
- 1 stick cinnamom stick
- 2-3 pepper corns
- 2-4 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sliced onions
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp red chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/ 4 tsp garam masala powder
- salt to taste
- few strands of saffron
- 1 tsp Kewra water
- Clean and wash chicken thoroughly and keep aside .
- In a food processor add little nut meg and mace and grind into powder and keep aside .
- Now in a pan or kadhai , drizzle some oil and add sliced onions . Fry till golden in colour , drain and blend with few drops of oil in food processor .
- In the same pan , add some more oil if needed and add all whole spices , let it splutter , add chicken pieces and fry for 4-5 minutes on high flame . Remove the chicken pieces , transfer in another plate and keep aside .
- Add ginger garlic paste in the same kadhai or pan and fry until raw smell disappears .
- Now add salt , turmeric powder , coriander powder , chilly powder and roast the masala . Add little water and roast the masala until the oil separates .
- Add onion paste and yogurt and roast for a while .
- Now add chicken pieces back again in the same pot , cover and cook on low flame until the pieces are tender . ( if need water add 1/2 or 1 cup water depending on your requirement )
- Sprinkle 1/2 tsp net meg and mace powder , kewra water , garam masala powder and saffron . Simmer for 4-7 minutes , off the gas .
- Serve hot with phulkas / rotis or paranthas . ( Recipe By Zulekha Arafat )
- You can add 1/4 tsp nut meg powder and 1/4 tsp mace powder if you have instead of grinding it .
- You can replace mutton with chicken , procedure is same just that add boiled mutton pieces after the masala is roasted .
- You can try shahi Mutton Korma ( Click here for link )
PREPARATION TIME : 10 -15 Minutes .
TOTAL TIME : 55 - 60 Minutes .