Chicken steaks / Saucy Chicken sizzlers / Sizzling Chicken
Chicken steaks / Saucy Chicken sizzlers / Sizzling Chicken is a lip smacking Chicken full of flavors . Best thing about this recipe is you can serve as chicken steaks on sizzler plate or on serving dish with french fries .
At times I keep experimenting with Flavors and ingredients and sometimes some recipes just gets instantly hit at my place and this is one of those recipe of mine , which is appreciated not only by my husband but by my daughter too . And when my daughter appreciate and like any particular recipe of mine , I simply love it and feel all my efforts are worth it .
Here is my recipe of Chicken steaks / Saucy Chicken sizzlers / Sizzling Chicken .
INGREDIENTS :250 gms Chicken
4- 5 tbsp oyester sauce or houisin sauce
1/2 tsp grounded black pepper
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
2-3 crushed green chillies
olive oil / oil
For the Sauce :
1 onion finely chopped
3-6 cloves of crushed garlic
1/4 cup warm water
1. Marinate boneless chicken in oyster sauce , freshly grounded pepper, soya sauce , vinegar, crushed green chillies for 1 -2 hours . ( Before marinating, make sure you slit the boneless and flatten it, so that it doesn't be thick enough as when frying the outer chicken will be cooked where as the inner may remain uncooked )
2. In a pan, drizzle some olive oil and just pick up the chicken piece , ( preserve the marinade sauce for later use) and place on the pan . Cook on medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes .
- Do not over cook as the chicken will turn hard and while having , it may not give a juicy , moist and soft taste .
- Make sure that when you place the chicken on the pan, shed all the sauce that is attached to it for later use , as the marination will do the trick and will give a good taste at this time too .
3. In between keep flipping as both the sides should be done .
4. Dry it completely, Remove the chicken from the pan and keep aside .
5. In the same pan , add little olive oil, few chopped garlic and chopped onion , once the onion turns translucent , now pour all the remaining sauce ( add 1/4 cup water to the bowl in which the chicken was marinated and pour it ) .
Saute for a minute or 2 . Once the sauce thickens , add the chicken , toss and place on the SIZZLER platter.
6. For sizzlers , heat the iron plate , for sometime or until it is too hot and then place 2-3 cabbage leaves . Place the chicken steaks with few french fries and serve hot .
7. Or else serve on a plate with French fries .
- The recipe is of 250 gms boneless but the pic has 500 gms chicken boneless.
- Serve on sizzler plate or in dish with few french fries .
- Replace oyster sauce with hoisin sauce .
- You can add barbeque sauce too instead of hoisin sauce or oyster sauce .
- You can increase or decrease the amount of chilies as per your taste for spice.
- Do not chop into pieces as we need to make the steak
- You can try Chicken in barbecue sauce too ( click here is the link )
PREPARATION TIME : 10 Minutes .
COOKING TIME : 30 Minutes .
TOTAL TIME : 40 Minutes .
Serves : 2 Persons .