Meethi Chutney for Pani Puri / Khajoor chutney / sweet Tamarind Chutney
Meethi Chutney for Pani Puri / Khajoor chutney / sweet Tamarind Chutney is a balanced and delicious chutney served with spicy pani ( water ) of pani puri and boiled chic peas .
Here is my recipe of Meethi Chutney served with pani puri 's Pani ( water ) .
1/2 cup tamarind
1/2 cup dates
3-4 tbsp jaggery
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp red chilly powder
1/2 tsp freshly roasted cumin powder
3 cups water
- Remove the seeds and soak tamarind in 1 cup of water . After sometime squeeze all the tamarind and form a thick pulp of it .
- In a pan , add seedless dates with 2 cups of water and tamarind pulp , cook for sometimes till the dates get soft .
- Once the dates are soft , add salt , red chilly powder , coriander powder , cumin powder and jaggery .
- Cook for 4- 7 minutes , adjust salt and jaggery if needed .
- Once the chutney gets cool , blend the mixture in a food processor to smooth paste . ( add 1/4 cup water or less if needed )
- Strain the Tamarind / Meethi chutney through a strainer .
- Serve with pani puri or any kind of chaat .
You can store Tamarind Chutney / Meethi chutney in an air tight container and refrigerate it for further use .
COOKING TIME : 10 -15 Minutes .
PREPARATION TIME : 10 Minutes .
TOTAL TIME : 20 -25 Minutes .