Methi Matar Malai
Mator Methi Malai is a creamy , rich and aromatic north Indian Recipe . This main course is cooked in rich creamy gravy with fenugreek leaves and green peas . A whole some , delicious and delectable white mild spicy gravy for all those who love vegetarian .
- 1 bunch fenugreek leaves
- 1 onions finely chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 1/2 tsp sugar or as required
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR PASTE :
- 50 gms cashews
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2-4 green chilies
- 6-7 cloves of garlic
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 medium onion
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1. Boil 1 medium onion for 4-7 minutes , off the gas and place alone the onion in a food processor and blend to smooth paste with all the other ingredients mentioned under the " INGREDIENTS FOR PASTE " Section .
2. Clean , wash and chop methi leaves into thick pieces . Blanch the methi leaves in boiling water for 2- 3 minutes , drain and keep under the tap ( cold ) water for few seconds .
3. In a pan or kadhai drizzle some oil , add the methi leaves and saute for a while , transfer in another plate and keep aside .
4 . In the same pan , drizzle some more oil and add chopped onions , fry until the onions starts changing its colour .
5. Add the prepared paste and roast for a minute , add 1/2 cup water and add green peas .
6. Cover and cook until the peas are completely done . ( In between if the gravy has dried up add 1/2 0r 1 cup water warm water )
7. Add salt , sugar , garam masala powder .
8 . Now add cooked methi leaves , mix well .
9. Add fresh cream and milk , mix well . Adjust the salt and spices .
10 . Cover and cook until the methi leaves are completely done . Serve hot with parantha or phulkas .
Increase or decrease the no of green chillies as per your preferences .
If you are running out of time , you can directly fry the methi leaves in the pan and skip the blanch step .
PREPARATION TIME : 15 - 20 Minutes .
COOKING TIME : 20 Minutes .
TOTAL TIME : 40 Minutes .
SERVES : 2 Persons .